Chapter 5

*My guardian angel*

So my Assumptions about Sandra were right. Sandra works at the Airport. She barely had time but always created time for me. I started staying with her and she didn't want me to stay in the school's hostel. I grew to like her very much and couldn't wait for my dad to see my "guardian angel". I figured she wasn't married not did she have any relations. When I asked, she said she has been alone for quite a long time and the only friends she had was work and her bed. She was just like me, because I spoke less and I barely had things to say. I grew to like her a lot and so did she. She became so fond of me and so did I.

***Josh's POV

After Jossy left, I was very weak and alone. It felt like one part of me left me. For the first month, I wasn't myself. Everything reminded me of her. Though we spoke often, her absence was killing me. To be honest, I thought I was not going to last that long and planned on writing an exam to Fordham just like her but that would be next year. I regretted not putting the same University as she did, main reason was, she wrote the exam just for fun. She is very intelligent but she just wrote the exam because her dad wanted her to study abroad and she just had to. I however, didn't write for the same school because I felt she didn't take it seriously and would not pass nor enter the school.
4 months later after Jossy left, my admission list was out, for University of Lagos State (Unilag), I was given admission on merit to study Architecture. I had plans to study Architecture and then nursing in London. My dream courses...  When my admission list was out, everyone was super proud of course, I called Jossy Even before I let my parents know. My monthly allowances increased and I learnt a trade so I would make my own money.

APRIL 12...

***Jossy's POV

"I'm forgetting something for sure." I said as I turned to the other page since I wasn't getting what the first page was saying!
"C'mon Jossy, it should be an assignment or something. You shouldn't stress, besides, it's too early to worry uh." Sandra said as she placed my breakfast on the dining and went to the sitting room. My school was on Holiday and Sandra was on leave. I tried reading but I wasn't able to. I got my ear plugs and buried myself in the music. I glanced through my phone screen and saw the date "Jeez!!!!". It's Josh's birthday and he's officially an adult today (18). We had plans but too bad I'm not in the country. I immediately ordered a PS4 online in Nigeria and got it sent to his house. He wasn't really a fan of cakes so I ordered our Favourite icecream. Then I called him(Video call). It was 2:47pm in Nigeria already and just 8:47am here. I placed him on the call and he picked up almost immediately.
"You forgot didn't you?" He smirked.
"I'm sorry". I whined.
"Hey don't be, I forgot too." saying this we both laughed. "No sincerely, mom reminded me." And I laughed again.
"I'm still sorry anyway." We spoke and Sandra joined us too. This is the first time he saw Sandra. She wished him a happy birthday and left us to get along.
We talked about schools, babe, outings and all for about an hour when his door bell rang.
"I'll be right back, hold on." He said I went to answer whoever rang the doorbell.
I heard from the background, "You have to sign here"
"Okay... Thank you, bye".
"Holy shit!!! No no!! You've got to be kidding me Jossy." He said extremely excited and mesmerized.
"What?", I said laughing.
"Heyyy... This is too much yunno. I'm really grateful and speechless..."
His Icecream arrived.
"And this too. Thank you so much." I had mine with me. We kept talking for 6hours non-stop. Eating icecream and laughing. It felt like ages.

June 23rd, My birthday wasn't as loud as. Dad sent me lots of money as usual though he hadn't seen me in a year!

2nd year in school. I had little or no time for anyone just Sandra because we lived together. Dad and I haven't seen for 2 years now, just calls. I had a boyfriend already, Dave. I told Sandra about him before we started dating and she knew him. Dave did come to the house 6 months before we started dating. He attended Fordham and was a year ahead of me. He was a guide especially when I had issues academically. I had a huge crush on him even before he knew I existed. He was most girls dream in Fordham. He had pure black curly hair, crystal clear brown eyes, oblong face and not to mention his ever inviting pink lips. I got over my feelings for him then because every eye was on him, so I got "irritated". One day, coming out of my department with my friend Wendy, I heard my name from behind me. I turned and his homies signalled me to come. I was in a hurry that day so I waved back and pointed at my wrist watch to show I was in a hurry. "Those are Dave guys you right?" Wendy inquired.
"Yeah I know and so?"
"Hmm". she turned to them and looked back at me."Yeah".
This happened 3 different times and I was always busy. The fourth time, I was alone but this time it wasn't a call. As I walked, I felt someone following me. After the first incident when Sandra saved me, I became a little bolder. As I turned with force to see who it was, I almost fell but he held me firmly in my waist. I was still in shock he was the one behind me and why would he be following me so closely without saying anything. I released his grip and looked at him rudely. I turned to walk away when I heard, "I'm sorry". Without turning back I replied, "Don't be". Since then we became friends. Most times he would tease me and say my first impression didn't show I needed him or his friendship. The day he asked me to be his girlfriend is one day I just can't forget easily. That fateful day was his birthday December 2. PS: I didn't know then.
I was in my room watching a movie and Sandra was in the sitting room.
"Knock Knock."
"Click", the door opened
"Good day Sandra"
"Good day Dave", Sandra said hugging him.
"You came to see you girlfriend eyy, she's up stairs you can go".
"Ha ha!! C'mon Aunty, you tease a lot". he laughed and she smiled.

I was in shorts and a big Polo with both my legs crossed on my bed while watching TV.
"Knock knock"
"It's open come in". I turned to see who it was and came down to hug him. He is way taller than I am. "Hey, how are you doing, you look dashing today eyy. Off to somewhere?" I said.
"I have to look good for you." he said and giggled.
"C'mon sit, I have to finish this movie". We both finished the movie together and started talking. We talked about school and all. I told him how I fell for him and lost interest. He listened quietly and smiled all through. When I was done, he continued immediately after me.
"So you liked me eyy?" He said raising an eyebrow.
"Urhumm" I nodded.
"Well, I knew all this because I've always liked you Jossy. I've been stalking but I couldn't gather the courage to talk to you. I noticed you stopped liking me because you stopped coming to watch me play basketball and you paid lesser attention to me like you didn't care". he paused. "Look Jossy," he said looking into my eyes. "I grew weaker each day I noticed you were drifting away. This is the reason I built our friendship for the past 6months. I don't want this to ever end. I want to always be by your side. I go to bed just to dream of you. I wake up thinking about you. I'm in love with you Jossy and I want you to be my girlfriend."
There was this awkward silence. I stared dumbfounded. This is actually one of the hottest basketball and baseball player in my school. o my God!
"Hey, it's okay if you don't want to. I'm always here whenever you are ready. I'll leave you to think about it." He got up to leave...