Chapter 7.

*Anger*

I really loved Dave, I guess. But without turning back, I said, "Fuck you Mhan!!" then i slammed the door. I got home and didn't say a word to Sandra. I was so angry and hurt. I was burning with anger and I couldn't cry. A year back, I lost connection with Josh. I don't know where he is and he didn't bother letting me know. He changed towards me totally. I did see his posts before we lost contacts. He posted when he smoked, drank and even kissed. Most times he was at the club. Trust me, I didn't have a problem with all of these I only cared for him and I think I had a sting of Jealousy seeing him have so much fun without me. I was not the type to always party, not like I didn't do it, it was not as much as I saw Josh do it.  Anytime I had the chance to ask him, he would always say we're all grown and can decide for ourselves. One time he made it so clear to me and at that point, I knew i had to move on and go on with my business. In his words...
"Listen Jossy, you don't have the right to intervene in my personal life anymore, face yours. Come on we are grown, Besides I don't know you and what you do in the US"...
I was still mad I lost Josh and now Dave?

***
Two months to my final and also two months after the break up, I called Dad and told him it was time he came visiting.

"It's been 4 years dad, 4 whole years and you haven't come to see me. I'm beginning to think you are choosing your work over me." I was very sad. How could my dad be so 'mean' to me? He said it was for my independence and sent me everything I needed but he never came around to visit.

"No my princess, don't say that. You know I'll never choose my work over you."
"So what are you doing? I'm cool with the whole independence shit but it's way too much. You are the only family I have now, except Sandra whom I stay with. I don't understand how you'll treat your only child this way. Do you even think about how I'm doing?" I ranted breathlessly.
"I'm so sorry my princess but..."
"Dad! No buts! You are the boss of yourself and no one can punish you for taking time to come see me!" I sighed.
"Jossy my love." He called me ever so lovingly.
"Yes Dad."
"You are aware I love you so much, even more than I do, myself."
"I don't know dad." I teased.

He giggled. "I'll come see you this year."

"When? Look dad, I'll soon graduate from the University can you at least stay with me for the main time I need your support now daddyyy!!"
"Aww my princess, I'll be in US by next month. I even need to see your Sandra." He emphasized.
"And that's true Dad, you haven't met her. You see, you have a lot of reasons to come see me." I dragged.
"I can't wait to see you my dear."
"Me too dad."
"I hope you don't need anything over there?"
"I don't. I'm very fine."
"You will tell me about everything when I am with you there, okay?"
"Sure Dad." I paused. "I love you Daddy."
"I love you too my princess. Are you sure you are okay?" I bit my lips as tears fought to roll out. I miss him so much.
"I'm good, I just miss you a lot. And Josh too." Dad sighed.
"I bet he is fine, he will reach out to you soon, okay?"
"I doubt that." I shook my head. He sighed.
"Just take care of yourself my princess. Remember daddy loves you so much."
"And Gummy bears loves daddy too." I smiled.
"Bye for now."
"Bye dad. See you soon." I hung up and sighed.

The next day, I was in my room when Sandra said I had a visitor. "Who's that Sandra? I really do not want to see anyone."
"Come see yourself, don't ask me." Then she left. I was reading and didn't want to see anyone. I took about 15 mins before going down stairs. Getting there, I heard Sandra conversing with someone.
"You need to talk to her yourself. Besides, I don't know when you guys fought and she didn't say anything to me".
"Aunt, it's not like our first misunderstanding. I just need you to tell her to get back with me. Please. I miss her a lot."
"Since when did the breakup happen?"
"Last 3 months aunt and it wasn't really a break up"

"And what was that?", I interrupted. "You call that a misunderstanding, hahaha! You've got to be joking. Listen Dave, it's over. You made it real clear 3 months ago. And why are you even back? After 3 whole months?" I scoffed.
"Calm down Jossy. He's really sorry and I can see it in his eyes and his tone"
"Oh please Sandra. Eyes can be deceiving. Do you want to know what he did? Do you want to know what happened? Do you? Huh??". I turned towards Dave and said
"Listen Josh, uhmm Dave..." I called Josh and massaged my forehead with my thumb and index.
"Oh!!! You seeing someone else and didn't let me sleep with you as your boyfriend??" Josh interrupted.
"Sex? What's going on here?" Sandra asked  bewildered. She didn't get any response though. The house got tensed.
"You are such a joker Dave" I said laughing sarcastically.
"Oh, it's funny right. So who's Josh huh? Answer me?" He screamed and I looked at him calmly. I was surprised at how insensitive he could get in seconds. "You see, no answer. You know what, you are just a bitch, a crazy whore. To even think you were loyal."
"Don't you dare call her that Dave!!" Sandra yelled back at him. "Who in the world do you think you are?"
He planned to act all innocent but I wasn't going to buy any of his shit.
"Aunt..." He switched to being manipulative and I interrupted.
"Evans David, Don't act right now. You are done right? Please, leave this house and never come back. And for you information, Josh is or should I say was my childhood friend, my best friend. We are done, we have been for 3 months now. Don't crawl back here. You are deceitful and manipulative and that's the last thing I need in my life right now. Please get out."
...