Chapter 6

*Moving on*

"C'mon Jossy, what are you thinking? Are you going to watch someone you care about slip through your fingers. This is the first person you've ever loved genuinely and he can be your first boyfriend. Jossy c'mon he's leaving, say something." My head kept screaming and I was super confused. Not like I was confused, I just didn't want to make a silly decision, I really liked Dave but I didn't know what "love" actually meant and now giving my all to someone I feel I care about? Okay, I must be crazy to think so stupidly and still counter my thoughts.

"STOP!" I managed to say.  I walked to him and held his hands,  "So you just want to leave without listening to what I have to say?" I continued.
"But you..." he was about saying something when I placed my lips on his. Our lips parted and our tongues twirled like ballet dancers.
"And yes! I'll be your girl friend."
"Oh thank God!!" I sighed in relief and I laughed; we both laughed.
... Sooo that's the story on how Dave and Me started dating.

***Josh's POV

After my 18th birthday, I had girlfriends, when I say girl friends, I mean a whole lot. I double dated and played a whole lot of them. I didn't tell Jossy about my love life, infact, we barely spoke about my life at all. It's been long we saw and I didn't see reasons to tell her, you know, I felt it was unnecessary information. I felt our bond was tearing apart because we barely spoke. I barely had her time  and I felt it was high time I moved on. The only thing I had were fading memories. The whole thing was just complicated.
We stopped talking with the excuse of me being too busy both in school and at home.  Though she called once in awhile to know how I was doing and how things were going with me and all but I wasn't feeling it and I always called her off, the vibe wasn't just  catchy anymore. I started having friends that made me see things outside my Best Friend. they put me out of my, "Comfort zone". I started going to clubs, drinking, smoking and even had sex in my 2nd year. I would say it is a bit overrated and I didn't really feel it the first time. Just wanted to try and funny enough, I didn't even see the girls face and till tomorrow, I wouldn't even know what she looks like.  I was drunk and at the club and I was influenced by my guys, the hype and everything, I just wanted to give it a shot. I got so high so I'd remember just a little of what happened. She was a bit**h and we used protection anyway. After my 3rd year in the university of Lagos, I told Dad I was tired of the country and needed to change environment for the time being. I told him I was going to start afresh and take my course afresh too. I gave him the reassurance of not letting him down of course and after some days of thought,debates and questions of which I did most of the answering, he let me. Dad made my papers and I left for London. Regardless of me being a "bad boy", I didn't relent in my studies. I took the entrance exam and passed very well. I left Nigeria and  I didn't let Jossy know I didn't see reasons to. Something in me wanted to tell her but, the voice screaming otherwise won. I changed my phone and all contacts and memories cleared. I felt I needed a life without her or any old friend I lost contacts with everyone just the family knew where I was.

***Jossy's POV

This is my 4th year in school.

My final year actually and I'm preparing for my final exams. Dave and I are still together but he already graduated.
One fateful day, I went to his place.
"Hey babe"
"What's up Jossy, you look good." he said twirling me. I chuckled as he held my waist. We kissed and kissed till we landed on the couch. He started taking my dress up and going beyond boundaries. This wasn't the first time and I've stopped him many times before. But today was different. He unbuckled his belt and unzipped his jean and then brought out a condom.
"What are you doing Dave?"
"Don't tell me you are a child and don't know what's about to happen. Don't worry honey, I have protection with me. It's not like you are still a virgin or something?"
"Excuse me?!!! Wait a minute, you want to sleep with me?" I was furious and I stood up to leave but he dragged me back and the grip was real tight.
"Listen to me Jossy, we've been together for 3 years and you are acting like a child. Me sexing you doesn't stop us anything. Besides you are mine, MY PROPERTY." His tone was authoritative.
"What do you mean by I'm YOUR PROPERTY? We are dating doesn't mean you own me. I have my decisions and you can't force me into doing what I don't want to. I've been at your beck and call for the last 3 years but I'm saying a big NO to this. DO YOU GET THAT?"
"Are you raising your voice at me?" He scoffed!
"I am not, I am only saying a very big no to this request, I do not want it and I'm not going to do it. Besides, I thought sex involved the consent of both partners why does this look like you want to get me raped?" I am not interested and that is it. You can not and should not compel me to do that. I love you, does not mean I am to go against my decisions." Saying this I let go of his grip and walked out. As I was leaving, he said,
"Jossy if you dare walk out of that door, it's over between us."
I stopped immediately...