Chapter 129

Amilia and Draco sat together, their backs pressed against the wall in a corner. Amilia's hands were in her lap, and her head rested on the young man's shoulders. She did not know how long she had been out, but it was enough time that everyone was getting antsy.

She watched as people rushed around, trying to cover the remaining bodies and move those too injured to continue fighting.

"He's not here." She mumbled.

"No, I haven't seen him since before the fighting started." Draco said softly.

Amilia felt him sigh deeply, "What is wrong?"

"Do you think my mother is alright?"

Amilia closed her eyes. She had not considered how he felt regarding the battle, let alone anyone else. I have been so selfish.

"I hope that she is safe."

"I am sure she is with the Dark Lord. Your aunt would not let her too far out of sight."

Draco scoffed. He knew she was right. Bellatrix had kept a tight grip on his sister as time drew near, ensuring they did not lose any more of Voldemort's favor.

"That is a good point."

Amilia opened her mouth to say something when the Great Hall went quiet. People began to whisper as they sat down. Amilia lifted her head, spying three people walk in. They stopped near the Weasleys. One of them split off from the group, hugging everyone. The cries started up again.

Amilia sat forward, "Ron must have finally seen his brother."

"I did not like them very much."

"Why? Because they are blood-traitors?" Amilia said bitterly.

Draco's silence answered her.

"Wait, Ron."

"What about him?"

Amilia stood up, tossing the blanket that was covering her at Draco. "Potter."

Draco leaned forward as well, "That looks like him."

"Potter." Amilia took a couple of steps forward. The boy looked overwhelmed and was searching for an escape. No! Don't go!

Amilia ran forward; she could let him leave without asking him. "Harry Potter!"

He turned to her, stunned.

Amilia bent over, gasping for air. She had been moving so slowly recently because of all the running that her body was trying to kill her. Her lungs burned as much as her legs.

Harry stared at her momentarily before looking over his shoulder at the Great Hall doors.

"Wait, please." Amilia pleaded. 

Harry rubbed the back of his neck.

"Have you seen him?"

"Seen who?"

Amilia's hands trembled as she watched Hermione and Ron join Harry. Only then did she notice that the entire room was watching the interaction.

"Have you...have you seen Severus?"

The trio glanced at each other before looking at the floor.

"Please," Amilia pressed her hands together before bringing them to her chest, "I know he is not your favorite person, but...please, do you know where he is? I cannot find him anywhere." Amilia's voice cracked, and tears slipped down her cheek.

"I..." Harry started to say, but he looked down at the flask.

Ron took a few steps away, his eyes going to his family. Amilia could not blame him; she would be right there, too, if it were her family.