Chapter 3

Sirius opened a door, "Here. Do not stay long."

Amilia wrinkled her nose, rude. Severus took the bag and briskly walked into the room without saying thank you. He dropped the bag on the chair near the window, a dust cloud erupting into the air from the impact. Severus left the room, "I am going to go get some cleaning supplies."

Amilia peeked inside; there were two small beds, a chair near the window, and a broken dresser. "I thought that Mrs. Weasley said this room was clean."

"It is. Cleaner than it was at least. Kreacher does not want to keep up with the cleaning in any rooms other than my own."

"Kreacher?" Amilia looked at him.

Sirius grinned and leaned against the door frame. "The House-elf."

Amilia nodded, "Well, we will get it cleaned up." She stepped inside the room.

Sirius grabbed her arm, sliding his hand down. "If Snape does anything you don't like, give a shout. I'll come running."

Amilia jerked her hand away, her chest rising and falling quickly, "I can handle myself just fine."

Sirius laughed, "I never said you couldn't. I just know how he is."

"And how is he?" Amilia snapped.

"Uncharming, rude and cold, egotistical." He shrugged. "A Death Eater."

Severus appeared over his shoulder, "If I ever do anything Miss Hubbard does not like. She will kill me herself. You do not need to try and persuade her of anything."

Sirius whipped around, "Right right, well I am the host. I must make sure all who stay here are safe and know that I will be of assistance if they need it." He slid past Severus and gave Amilia a wink before leaving them alone.

Severus entered the room and closed the door, "Are you all right?"

Amilia nodded, snagged a dust cloth from him, and began to dust the tops of any flat surface. "Do we really need to stay here?"

"Just for tonight. I do not like to stay here but Pettigrew has been suspecting something."

Amilia paused, "Suspecting what?"

"I came to a meeting a couple of weeks ago...he smelled your perfume."

"Oh, oh no. I am so sorry Severus. I will not wear it anymore."

He laughed, "Keep wearing it. I like it. I had told him and the Dark Lord that it is from someone in the Order."

"I sense a but."

Severus took her hand and pulled her close, "There is." He twirled a strand of her hair around his finger. "The rat remembers the smell of your perfume from his time at Hogwarts. He was also one of the elder Weasleys pet when you first started teaching."

Amilia groaned, "fantastic."

Severus rubbed his nose against her head, "It will be all right. There will be meetings most of the day anyway, I know this is not how you wanted to spend our summer but with you being a member of the Order, I know that you will be safe when I am not home."

"Home?" Amilia looked up at him, curious.

Severus smiled, "Anywhere you are is home."

Amilia hummed and rested her head against his chest, "What are we going to do about the two beds?"

"I have a few ideas."

A few hours later, the Order was sitting in the kitchen again. Amilia stared at Remus; he looked exhausted, as if he had not slept properly in some time. She nudged him with her foot, and he looked at her, confused, "Have you been getting your potion?"