Chapter 102

Amilia was in her office when she heard the sound of fighting in the corridor. She growled, grabbing her wand as she headed towards the door, where she saw the masks and listened to the insidious laughter of Bellatrix. Shit, shit, shit! She ducked down to avoid being seen as they passed by her. "Wait? Why am I hiding? They will not hurt me."

Amilia paused, surprised at herself for the words that fell from her mouth, but it was the truth. They would not hurt her; as far as they knew, she was loyal because her husband was loyal. Why are they here, though? She peered over the edge of the windowsill, and seeing that the corridor was clear, she stood up and stepped out quietly. She ran up the steps nearby to get to Minerva's office, but when she arrived, she saw that the witch was already gone.

Amilia scowled; someone must have already gotten you. Good. She paced in front of the fireplace briefly before she realized something else. "Severus." She lifted the hem of her skirt and darted out into the corridor, dashing for the stairwell.

His office was empty as well. "Ugh!" She sat down and held her head in her hands. "You were trying to tell me something earlier." Amilia sat there and recounted what he was telling her. "Something is going to happen tonight. That is all you bloody said!" She grabbed the nearest item on his desk, ready to throw it when she recognized what it was. A small toy that Jordan loved to play with. It was just a little box in that Severus had placed beans and calming herbs for her. She loved to shake it because of the sound and that he charmed it to light up when the beans were rattled. Her heart ached; I love you, my little sunshine.

She set the box down and calmly walked out into the hall. She could hear the faintest sound of laughter and cheer down the staircase, so she followed it.

Amilia saw the Aurors posted at the school for the student's protection, mostly Harry's, lying on the floor in the main corridor. She knelt quickly and checked for a pulse, sighing relief when she found one each time.

Laughter rang through the corridor again; Amilia recognized it and snarled, "Bellatrix." She followed the sound to the Great Hall. She saw the deranged woman prancing on the tables, kicking glasses and plates and spinning back as if she had won the world. And maybe she had. Amilia watched as the woman inched closer and closer to the staff table. Bellatrix raised her wand; the candles floating above her flickered briefly as she yelled, and the windows in the Great Hall shattered. A large gust of wind blew the shards into the room.

Amilia shielded her eyes and heard the sound of glass clattering musically against the floor, walls, and tables. However, a small whimper caught her attention. She realized that Bellatrix was not the only one standing in the Great Hall. Draco was there too.

Amilia approached him quickly and turned him to face her. He looked broken. "Look at me," she demanded. Draco stared into her eyes. "You did a wonderful job." She looked at him sternly, hoping he would take the hint, do as you are told. I will find you when I can.

"Amilia!" Her name was sung at her, "Look at what our wonderful Draco has done!"

Amilia looked at Bellatrix, hoping to harden her expression and not give away her fear. "I can see that."

"The Dark Lord is pleased." She slid her hands up Draco's arm and lovingly rested them on his shoulders, "The Dark Mark flies above the castle."

Amilia interrupted Bellatrix, "Well, then you should start leaving, Aurors will be here by the dozens and if Draco has done what he is supposed to do, then he needs to get out of here safely."