Chapter 34

Severus crawled into Amilia's bed later that night. She was lying there, reading a book. "How did it go?"

"Infuriating."

Amilia closed the book and crossed her arms over her chest with raised eyebrows.

Severus bowed his head with a sigh, "It was as if the boy was not even trying."

"Did you explain it to him?"

"Yes, of course I explained it to him. I told him to let go of all of his emotions."

"Did you let go of all of your emotions?"

Severus looked at his wife, "What?"

"You heard me."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Harry knows you despise him. Did you show him how to let it go by doing your very best to not let your hatred for his father and him show?"

Severus lay there quietly.

"I thought not."

"What do you know of any of this? It is not like you could keep me out if you wanted to."

"You are right. I cannot. I have accepted that just like you cannot resist when I use my gift." Amilia gave him a pointed look.

"He is able to resist the Imperius Curse, this should be easy for him."

"Severus, things do not come as easily to others as it does for you. You need to give him some time to get adjusted and you should make sure you do not lose your temper. That will not help at all."

Severus scowled at the gems in the air, "You were listening?"

"Only when you yelled, which was often."

He groaned and rolled over, draping his arm across her belly, "He was able to break it though, but only after I go too far into his mind."

"Well, that is something that can be worked with." Amilia smoothed his hair and rubbed the scar on his shoulder.

"Did you know he was chased up a tree by a dog?" Severus asked.

"No, I did not."

"Yes, and it was his aunt's dog. The Dursley's were laughing while it happened and did nothing to help him." Severus regretted talking about this the moment the words left his mouth. Amilia was vibrating with anger.

"Those wretched Muggles."

Severus looked into Amilia's face, her lips were pursed, and she glared off into the corner of the room.

"Diggory was the first death that he remembers seeing." Severus said softly.

Amilia looked down at him, "I fear he is going to see many more in the years to come."

"As do I." Severus sighed. "He also asked about the Department of Mysteries."

"What?"

"The Department of Mysteries. Apparently Potter has been dreaming about it for months. I told him to forget about it."

Amilia shook her head, "He won't. I promise you, he is already talking to Weasley and Granger about it."

Severus sighed again, "I know."

Amilia groaned as she crawled out of bed; the sun had not even risen yet, and she did not hear Edgar stir in the other room, but she had to get up. She was not sleeping well and had to pee like a hippogriff.