BEFORE 41 - ALIWANA

POV TRAEVON ERIKSSON

Pinagmasdan mabuti ni Amihan ang iginuhit ko sa papel. Hindi man ito kamukhang kamukha ng nasa dibdib kanina ni Caelen, pero sigurado ako na mabibigyan niya ko ng linaw tungkol dito.

"Your Highness, where have you seen this?" tanong ni Amihan sa akin.

"I saw it on Caelen's chest. It was faintly glowing and then it disappeared."

"Tingin ko, kailangan ko magkwento sa'yo para maintindihan mo kung ano ang seal na ito."

"Bilisan mo lang dahil baka pareho tayong maagawan," sagot ko sa kanya sabay nguso sa direksyon ni Caelen at ni Thade na nag-uusap.

"About seventy years ago, a Werewolf named Shintaro Kimura from Japan visited Bontoc to meet the babaylans of Kalingayan Village, our Elders. He was sent by the Werewolf Royal Heir to uncover the prophecies related to the awakening of the Alpha. Your father Tristan Eriksson sent him to us."

"Shintaro is still the Direct Heir of the Kimura Family. Wala siyang anak at asawa."

"A babaylan named Aliwana served as the spokesperson of our hidden village. After several visits, Aliwana fell madly in love with Shintaro. She bore a child named Calina, a half Werewolf and half babaylan. Shintaro never had a chance to meet his daughter as he had already left the country."

"May anak si Shintaro sa isang babaylan ng Kalingayan? Interesting. Go ahead, Anna. I am all ears."

"Aliwana used a Sealing Spell to seal the Werewolf blood of her descendants. She left Kalingayan and lived in the city to escape the punishment of the Kalingayan Elders, for bearing a child even if she is not married. This mark that you have seen in Caelen is the seal of Aliwana."

"How did you know that this is Aliwana's seal?"

"Every babayalan has a signature seal. Parang personalization ng kanilang spell. Sigurado ako na kay Aliwana ang seal na ito. Isa siya sa pinakamagaling na babaylan na binanggit sa mga libro ng Kaliyah."

"Anna, if Caelen has this seal, it means she is a Werewolf."

"A Werewolf with babaylan blood. She is fucking powerful, Trae."

Maybe this is the explanation as to why I was so attracted to her. The same Werewolf blood is running in our veins. But I never felt this attraction to any Werewolf before. This is a first for me. A deadly attraction that I have no control whatsoever.

"Paano mo nalaman ang nangyari kay Aliwana pagkatapos niyang umalis ng Kalingayan Village?"

"My great grandmother, the previous Kaliyah, was the bestfriend of Aliwana. Siya lang ang may alam tungkol sa totoong nangyari sa kanya. I just happened to stumble in one of her diaries. That is why I discovered this secret. Kinagat mo ba si Caelen kaya lumitaw ang kanyang seal? Hindi ba nangangagat ka?"

"I already made her my Mate. I guess I dispersed the spell after I bit her."

"One Werewolf bite is not enough, Trae. You bit her more, that is why the seal weakened. Tama ba?

"Sabihin na natin na nanggigigil ako kaya dalawang kagat ang ginawa ko. Anong mangyayari kay Caelen?"

"She will lose her consciousness once the Werewolf blood resurfaces. But the Sealing Spell will protect its host. It means her transition will stop. But then hindi ka talaga nagpapigil, kinagat mo siya twice? Pambihira ka, Trae! Grabe ka manggigil!"

Nawalan na ng malay noon si Caelen. Dinala ko na siya sa hospital pero walang kahit anong nakita na problema sa laboratory results niya. I already made her my Mate a few months ago. But I guess my second bite completely removed the Sealing Spell.

"Traevon Eriksson, you just removed decades worth of Sealing Spell. When I saw Caelen, I did not sense any Sealing Spell casted on her. She is a full time Werewolf now with the full power of Aliwana. Geez, I think she is even more powerful than me. Damn, Werewolf blood! Unfair si Guardian Raviael," nakangiti na sabi ni Amihan.

"Pero Anna, may kapatid si Caelen. Cascade San Rafael, his younger brother. Is he a Werewolf too?"

"Dahil sa Sealing Spell na ginawa ni Aliwana, ang Werewolf blood ay namamana lang ng panganay na babae. Kung nagkaanak man si Aliwana ng lalaki, nawala na dito ang Werewolf blood."

Kumatok si Thade sa pinto at pumasok sila ni Caelen. Mukhang tapos na silang mag-usap. Hindi ko alam kung anong pinag-usapan nila, pero hindi ako papayag kung makikipagbalikan si Caelen sa Lakan.

If I need to give Amihan hundreds of sports cars, I will be more than happy to oblige to her whims for her to marry the Lakan.

---

Drop a comment below and let me know your take on the story. Share your suggestions, feedback, and wild theories—I'm all ears!

Oh, and don't forget to vote and hit the star icon!

Lots of love,

ChinChin