Introduction & Chapter 1

TY SO MUCH FOR GIVING MY BOOK A CHANCE!! This is my first book and please read everything below to know what your getting yourself into :)
    ~Introduction~
WARNINGS-
1) This writing includes (sexual assault, rape, drugs, harmful words, and some steamy scenes~ some are detailed but not much so you won't be uncomfortable or have the ick.)
2) please do not comment mean things, I have been working hard on this project and I don't want it to be disregarded to your unliking that you have to share your bad opinions on it.
3) Please don't think the love interest is a stalker or some type. It was never attended for him to sound like a creep, promise me it helps if you think about him as someone admiring someone else and slowly falling In love with that person.
4) Also the main character and love interest have their own point of views in most chapters. But it's mostly the main character in the chapters.
Profiles (aesthetics)

                         Coral Mae Marine               "Can you show me hope?"                 -main character                 -hometown girl                 -sensitive, but bold                  -traumatic past

                         Coral Mae Marine
               "Can you show me hope?"
                 -main character
                 -hometown girl
                 -sensitive, but bold
                  -traumatic past

                         Coral Mae Marine               "Can you show me hope?"                 -main character                 -hometown girl                 -sensitive, but bold                  -traumatic past

                      River Miles Thompson
             -love interest
             - sense of humor
             - childish
             -visiting Pedarshell one last time
             -Parents money

                       River Miles Thompson             -love interest              - sense of humor              - childish             -visiting Pedarshell one last time             -Parents money

                           THEIR AESTHETIC

And of course there are more characters but these are the main ones you will be reading about

And of course there are more characters but these are the main ones you will be reading about. And you can imagine the characters however you like it's just this is how they are described. YOU CAN NOW START CHAPTER 1!!!!!!
~~~CHAPTER 1~~~
Background info
I've always loved summer. I've always liked it.

You might see nothing special about it, it's the same things that everyone else likes about it. The sound of the ocean is so calming and you can't forget the salty smell.

I love going to the beach. It's a good way to escape all the yelling and harming in my house.

I live in this old trailer park and all of the property is dirty sand with bent cigarettes buried beneath the dirt.

My mother was this sweet kind woman who would do anything for her children even if she had to leave them. My father died when I was six.

My mother was broke at the time so she had to cheat on my dad to steal some money from this man named Paul.

I never liked him,  he gave me bad feelings ever since we locked eyes with each other.

Once my mother stole his money, Paul soon found out about it and threatened my mother that he will steal everything away from her.

He wasn't lying.

My Dad came at him with a knife and Paul shot him in the head claiming that it was self defense.

The cops in Pedarshell don't do anything but eat donuts and coffee.

Then he forced my mother to marry him because if she says anything about what had happened it would have been over for Paul.

But she always acted like she really did love him. Just in front of everyone, even me and my twin brother, Reef, at home to make us feel like we were ok after what had happened.

After they got married he started abusing all of us. There would always be a new beer bottle smashed in the house and some blood markings either on the floor or the door frames.

He started punching my mother and starving her until she could barley walk.

" This is how your going to suffer everyday."
That's what he would always say to her. I'd hear it be screamed everywhere.

Me and Reef would always put bandaids on each other to cover our busted lips and busted elbows.

By the time I was 9 he started touching me. He was getting bored of my mother and had enough of putting most of his frustration on her, so he switched.

My mother soon was diagnosed with cancer and in the matter of 2 weeks she had passed. I had never hated myself more. I could have helped her but I was to busy hiding in my room thinking I was next.

Paul would yell at me and punch me in the face every time I talked to him.

The more older I got I would hardly even shed a tear because it makes me weaker to him.

He has been trying to cover everything up and acting like we are a good family. I saw everything that happened. My dads death, my mom being abused, and I've lived through it.

That's why I love the beach... it's Peaceful.

******
HEY everyone I did rewrite this and edited it because it needed it 🙌. I took out some of the harsh writing because to me it felt a little too much for the first chapter. Anyways hope you like it.

Edited: 10-21-23