008

C h a p t e r   8

{I like you and I hate you}

{song#7: Break Free by Ariana Grande}

I saw Alia and my grandpa welcoming MJ and Kavin into our house. Alia then pulled Kavin towards her room.

"Oh hey Aanya," Kavin said as he was dragged into Alia's room, her door shutting behind them.

I looked up to see MJ and smiled softly.

Me and MJ walked outside, walking along a little trail very near grandpa's house. We walked in silence looking around and breathing in the fresh air. I decided to break the silence.

"Why did you guys come over. Not that I don't want you to but like...what was the reason?"

MJ looked at me and laughed lightly patting my head causing me to glare at him.

"Well Kavin wanted to see Alia," he leaned to whisper in my ear "you know how they are like."

I fake gagged and laughed nodding. We both continued walking along the trail in a peaceful silence. My thoughts ended up going to Ren, thinking about him, which is horrible, I really shouldn't but I couldn't stop myself. I smiled to myself and then I felt myself trip, but thankfully MJ caught me in time. 

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Oh uh...I am so sorry."

MJ shook his head and sighed, "what's on your mind? You keep spacing out."

I shook my head pulling a strand of hair out of my face, "nothing, just school stuff."

I smile at MJ, he looks at me suspiciously but he doesn't press the issue.

We continue walking through the trail and end up back at my house. I see my grandpa smiling and waving out towards me and MJ.

"Guys come to eat before the food gets cold!"

Me and MJ smile and walk towards the house. We start eating the incredible food grandpa made and finish up quickly. Kavin and MJ compliment the food and end up leaving after they are done eating. I immediately go to Alia's room and raise my eyebrows.

"Tell me everything."

She looks at me and sighs dreamily before laying on her bed.

"I think...I have the fattest crush on P'Kavin and it is horrible. He is just so...dreamy," Alia starts squealing and rolling around her bed.

"Aliaaaaa what is wrong with you," I say hitting her with a pillow, causing us to start a big pillow fight.

We end the pillow fight and Alia tells me everything about Kavin, and how they definitely have something between them. I smile at their little romance they have going on and lay on her bed looking at the ceiling.

"Aanya...do you have somebody you like?"

I look at Alia and shake my head, "nope, not really."

She raises her eyebrows and smirks, "then what about MJ, there is definitely something going on between you two."

I widen my eyes in shock, hitting her with a pillow once again, "no way! Alia I can't even."

Alia smiles and lays next to me smiling innocently, "well, once you like someone, I better be the first person to hear about it."

I look towards her and nod. We both end up fast asleep tired from all the activities we had today.