017

C h a p t e r   1 7

{ Kiss }

{song#16: light by wave to earth }

Ren's eyes looked around the room, eyeing every girl he thought would make a good candidate for this dare. He already knew who he would pick but of course he had to not make it too obvious.

He started walking towards a random girl but then changed directions. He was now right in front of Aanya.

"Hey," he said smiling confidently, but inside he was nervous as heck. He was about to kiss the girl he liked, and he was sober for it.

Ren actually hadn't kissed many girls. Him and Thyme weren't players unlike MJ and Kavin who have hooked up with plenty of girls for all of them. Ren had only kissed thrice, once when he was young, in elementary school, one with that random girl at the club, and thirdly with his newly established crush, Aanya, but sadly he was too drunk to remember the sentimental moment between the two.

Aanya however had kissed absolutely no one, except Ren. She always had this secret fear that she would screw up her first kiss because she doesn't even know how to. 

"Um, is it okay if I, uh kiss you?"

I widened her eyes, I couldn't believe this was happening.

"yes, but are you sure I am the prettiest out of EVERYONE here," I said, not trusting his judgement because there were some very fine girls here. 

Ren chuckled at the comment and smiled at me, turning into a smirk, "trust me, there is no one in this world that could be as pretty as you," he said causing my heart to do a thousand summersaults. 

No one has EVER said that to me. People don't usually comment on my looks but rather my personality. I was always insecure of my looks, no matter how much I tried to love myself it just wouldn't work. Also seeing so many beautiful celebrities and idols didn't help my case.

But the comment Ren just said sparked something in me. Something like, 'someone hot just said you were pretty, you have to be pretty right?' I was confused. My brain couldn't convince myself that I was pretty ever. Most of my friends being gorgeous didn't help me either. 

But Ren saying those words brought warmth to my whole body that I have never felt before. But it also made me horrified, I don't deserve him. He is everything and I am nothing. Suddenly I felt myself having a panic attack. I think Ren sensed that because he slowly moved closer to me and hugged me before whispering sweet nothings to me.

"You are going to be okay, take deep breaths, breathe," Ren kept saying while rubbing my back. He managed to calm me down and I managed to not cry in front of everyone. People just thought we were having a cute moment.

"thank you," I whispered in his ear and then he whispered in my ear.

"thank me by kissing me," my eyes widened at his comment. How could he say that without feeling anything. He probably does this a lot.

I decided to be confident and do something I would never do.

I wrapped my arms around his neck. My head going crazy but reminding me.

this is just a dare

I started leaning closer, his breath fanning my lips.

he would never kiss you, the only reason he is doing it is because of the dare

My fingers went to his hair.

he will probably hate it

Our lips interlocked.