010

C h a p t e r   10

{Starting Over}

{song #9: august by Taylor Swift}

I shot out of my bed my hands on my face that was burning from the memory of yesterday. The second it occurred I rushed out of the hotel room and went straight home. The event played over and over in my head making me crazy but I ended up being so exhausted from everything that occurred today that I passed out the second I got to my bed. Now I have to go to school and face him after I kissed him, a nightmare. A part of me hoped that he forgot all the events that occurred yesterday due to him being drunk but part of me hoped that he remembered the sensual moment between us. I tiredly got up from my bed and got ready in my uniform. Thankfully school was looking up as we weren't getting that badly bullied. I put my hair up into a ponytail and waited for Alia outside. My thoughts were still replaying the moment making me want to scream but Alia came just in time. We got on the bus and talked about random stuff which included her relationship with P'Kavin causing me to forget that moment for some time. We arrived at school and the first thing we see is F4 standing there, Gorya talking to Thyme, Kavin waiting for Alia and Ren and MJ bickering about something I couldn't quite hear. I decided to pretend not to see them and sneak away but sadly I wasn't able to blend in.

"Alia, Aanya over here!" Me and Alia hear Kavin assuring us towards them. I trudge towards the group feeling my heart quicken as my eyes land on Ren. Gorya smiled upon seeing me and Alia and links arms with us.

"Thank goodness you guys are here, I am gonna steal them from you guys sorry not sorry," Gorya says smiling at F4 before taking us towards the school towards the rooftop.

Gorya looked towards Alia and smiled, "P'Kavin kept talking about you while you were gone." My eyebrows lifted upon hearing this news and I started to smirk. Me and Gorya ended up teasing Alia for the rest of our free time, making Alia turn pink and flustered.

We went through all of our classes and took all the important tests we needed to take before finishing off the day. I gladly did not bump into Ren and needed to keep it that way. But sadly my luck ran out.

I exited the school and saw Ren at the entrance his eyes on me. He smiled and walked towards me, unfortunately I had nowhere to hide. 

"I have been meaning to talk to you all day but I just never got the opportunity," Ren said while walking closer to me.

He insisted on walking me home so I decided to agree. We walked in silence for the most part, but it was comfortable. We stood so near each other that our hands ended up brushing each others ever so often, always successfully turning my cheeks pink. I decided to finally break the silence after a bit.

"What have you been meaning to talk to me about?"

"Curious huh," Ren said smirking lightly. 

I scoff and reply, "No, I just want you to tell me since you wanted to tell me all day."

He smiled and sighed, "why are you ignoring me?"

I look at him and laugh making him look at me in pure confusion.

"You really don't know?"

He shook his head and looked at me innocently. I smiled upon hearing this but I had to double check.

"Do you remember anything that happened last night?"

His eyes suddenly widened and I knew he knew making my stomach tense up and my face grew pink.

"I...I can explain," he started.

"It isn't your fault, it was me too," I said my words jumbling.

"Wait...I am talking about the video that F4 posted, the one where I am...you know with that random girl."

I widened my eyes in realization and wanted to run...of course he didn't remember. 

"Oh oh yeah...that is also what I was talking about," I checked my invisible clock and looked up at him, "I have to go like right now...thanks for walking me home!"

I ran the rest of the way to my grandpa's and got changed. This might be worse than him knowing we kissed. He probably thinks I was jealous or something and that is why I am avoiding him. He probably thinks I am so pathetic for this. God why am I such an idiot. I screamed in my pillow which caused Alia to come into my room. She looked at me with a knowing face and sat down next to me on the bed.

"What happened...tell me," she said giving me a soft face of concern and I sighed.

I tell her everything that occurred and how I like Ren. She smiled and I knew she was going to tease me but she held it in because of my issue.

"Just tell him what happened," Alia said making me shake my head furiously at her.

"I will NOT tell him that I kissed him while he was drunk. He will think I am psycho."

Alia looked at me, pitiful and sighed, "then you just have to pretend it never happened."

A week passed since my kiss and I have tried my best to avoid Ren and pushed Gorya with him instead because I knew he liked her anyway. I walked towards the rooftop but stopped when I heard Ren and Gorya talking and smiling. I peaked through the crack of the door and saw how happy Ren looked. I smiled and wished I could have brought that smile upon his face.

Weeks started passing by, and each day I was slowly growing distant from Ren. It has been a month since the kiss occurred but it still feels like it just happened a couple days ago. It is another great Friday and school is going normally. I walk towards my next class until I feel a hand pulling me towards the empty storage room. The mystery person closes the door and I start to get scared. The mystery person opens up their phone and the light from the phone illuminates on me and their face. I get surprised upon seeing him, while he has a slight smirk on his face.

"It's been a while hasn't it," he says tilting his head slightly and leaning closer.

{Super short chapter, kind of like a filler chapter, sorry guys!!! The next one will be much longer I promise. Sorry for the long wait, I have been pretty busy lately. Hope you guys enjoy this book and oh my ghosh you guys are actually incredible...I can't believe this book is almost at 2K! You guys are incredible. Stay healthy and have an amazing day/night!}