Chapter Eighteen - Fight

Word Count: 2,513 words. 

Warnings: None. 

He was an idiot. A complete and utter idiot. Mando was fighting a losing battle. A group of farmers against the Empire. It was impossible to win. He would only get all of them and himself killed as he tried to prove a point.

"Another drink?" the barkeep asked.

I was back in the Cantina in the main town. Elbows resting against the wooden bar, my eyes turned to the man as he asked the question.

Shaking my head, I waved a hand. "No. I'm good."

He nodded shortly, moving away and attending to someone else. It was the middle of the night and the only people in the Cantina were the drunks and their friends. The sound of music blasted and echoed against every wall. It was boisterously loud, but I didn't care to listen to the tune nor the words they sung to it.

I rolled my coin between my fingers, eyes fixed on it firmly. Beskar. The strongest metal this side of the universe. At least that I knew of. It was only found beneath the soils of Mandalore and I could remember the clanging noises of the forge beneath the ground. If you stood on the right spot in the palace, you could feel the vibrations underneath you. I closed my eyes, imagining that the thumping noise around me was the soothing workings of Mandalore.

"Where's that husband of yours?" the barkeep asked suddenly, and I opened my eyes to look at him.

Shaking my head, I smiled softly. "He's not my husband." The man leaned against his side of the bar, a towel and a glass in his hands.

"How long have you been travelling with him?" he posed, running the cloth along the inner edge of the glass.

"Three years, give or take."

"Three years with a Mandalorian," – he whistled – "How hasn't he driven you mad yet."

"Perhaps I was already mad when I met him."

The man smiled. "I heard someone say you needed travel."

I nodded. "Yeah. I need to get off Sorgan."

"Without your Mandalorian?"

I hesitated, stopping my fingers and holding the coin tightly against my palm. "Yeah."

"There's a Bounty Hunter who rolled in just this morning. He's heading to Coruscant," the man explained.

I jolted, placing the coin in my pocket. Coruscant was where Maul was last seen. If I could get this hunter to take me with him then I could avoid running away from the Empire with a little green kid.

"Where's he now?" I asked.

"Sitting as lonely as you over in the corner there." He pointed across the room. A hooded figure sat in a single booth, a similar glass to mine in front of him. His hand was gloved as he took up the glass in front of him.

Sighing, I stood up gently. I knew that hand, and I knew that presence. The feeling of great Light in the room. Slowly, I took a seat across from him.

"You've been using the Force lately," he commented. "I thought you weren't going to do that anymore."

Leaning forward, I replied. "Circumstances arose."

Luke pulled his hood back, revealing his kind smile. "Within the past week?"

Smiling in return, I shook my head. "We were hired to find a bounty. A kid. He's Force sensitive. Stopped a Mudhorn mid-attack."

His eyes widened. "Human?"