Chapter 21

"What happened?" Tony asked pulling the glass from my arm. 

"Nothing." I assured him.

I watched the bruise form on my right cheek bone as Tony continued to pull glass from the bottle Riley threw at me, out of my arm. I closed my eyes for a second, then looked over at River who was cradling Isis in his arms. He was hugging her, kissing her. Making sure that she knew we missed her and wouldn't let anything happen to her again.

"Come on Ramona." Tony urged. 

"I tried to resolve the issue. It was a bad idea." I said.

"Yeah, I could've told you that." He growled. 

"She's fine, that's all that matters." I smiled. 

---------------------------------------------------------

"No it can't! Your whole family is full of selfish, ignorant, pigs." Riley snapped.

"You shut your mouth." I growled in his face.

I saw him clench his fists shut, and I began to wonder if he was going to hit me. Was it going to hurt? What was his problem? I was trying to fix this, and he was making it worse by just even doing that. 

His arm swished over faster than I thought it would. I didn't have to duck and his fist collided with my right cheek bone. I knew it was going to bruise, and that I should get out of there right then but I was going to stand up for my family.

"Don't tell me what to do." Riley yelled.

"Daddy stop." Kane begged, pulling on Riley's shirt.

"I finally understand why they kept you away from Courtney." I laughed. 

The glass alcohol bottle was in his hand and appeared as if from nowhere. I watched his whip his arm back, and thrust it forward again. I raised my arm, blocking my face. The bottle broke  against my arm, the glass shattering all over my arm, the glass sticking into my skin. 

"Let's go Ramona." River urged, setting Isis in his truck.

"Riley you're pathetic. Really, self centered. It's sad how completly not in control you are. Kane needs a stable parent, and now I know that they kept you away from his mother while she was pregnant because you're a horrible person. You have a bad temper. I feel bad for Kane for even having you as a father." I snapped as he threw another bottle at me.

It hit the side of my leg, a peice of glass sticking out of my jeans, in my leg. The blood was seeping through my clothes as River shuttered at the sight of me. I limped my way over to the truck, carefully climbing into it. I took a second to look back at Kane.

"Go." Riley snapped. 

"Kane, you can always come with if you want. If you ever decide that you're sick of dealing with this ass hole, and you want a REAL family, you can come find me. I'll take you in Kane, i'll treat you like my own and you won't have to deal with this anymore. But that's your choice. There's always another option." I said.

"Ramona, Ramona get up." River said shaking me. 

I shot my eyes open and looked over at River who was laying behind me on my bed. Was I dreaming? That is what happened, well for the most part. There was more violence but maybe my mind was blocking it out. 

"Sorry." I said turning on my side to face him.

"Are you alright?" He asked. 

I looked over my should to see Isis was sleeping in her play pen that was set right next to my bed. She had her thumb in her mouth like ususal, sucking on it in her sleep. I turned back to River. He did make me mad, and yes we fought a lot. But he was always there when I needed him, he marked me, he loved me, he was mine. 

I pecked him on the lips.

"I'm perfect." I smiled. 

He smiled at me like everything was perfect with us, and it was. I loved River, even though I didn't show it. He made me my most angry but that was okay. 

I wasn't sure where my life was leading with River, or if he was even going to be in it, but right now, at this moment I was content with everything.

"Marry me, Ramona." River smiled.