Chapter 19

I kept on mixing the vanilla cake mix in the bowl, singing to the music as it played from the radio. I moved my hips a little bit swaying them back and forth as I tried to focus on mixing the cake mix. I flinched a little as the stray hairs from my messy bun were touching the back of my neck.

"You're gonna miss me by my hair

You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh

you're sure gonna miss me when I'm gone." I sang.

"Ramona?" River asked making me jump.

I pushed the cake into the oven letting the heat get into my eyes and wincing a little bit. I turned on my heal to look at River, turning the music down. I wanted to cry just at the sight of him. I know what I did was wrong and I knew he wouldn't forgive me.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"Just came to see Isis, where is she?" He asked looking around.

"She's taking a nap right now. She should be awake in the next maybe half an hour if you want to wait." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh umm." He began as he walked over by me. 

I could see there was something wrong with him. His eyes were darker, and I could sence that something was wrong. He bit down on his lip angerly as he stared down at me, breathing down my neck. I gulped down. I was scared, deathly scared.

"Look umm, you don't have to wait. We're having this party for Tyler's birthday, I could bring her by later or-" I began as he pushed his lips onto mine. 

It took me by suprise and I didn't know how to respond to it. What was I supposed to do? Kiss back? After he kicked me out of the house, and told me to take Isis with me. I couldn't trust him, he didn't want me. What was I supposed to do?

"River we-" I began again but he cut me off by kissing me again.

He grabbed my hips and lifted me up onto the counter, standing in between my legs and grabbing at my butt which was slightly bruised. I whinned as he gripped more, not even noticing that I was whinning. 

"You're so sexy." He groaned in my ear as he nibble on my ear lobe. 

He set his hands on my back and gripped a little bit, making me whimper loudly against his ear. I tried pulling myself away from him. I looked like crap, my hair was up in a mess. I was far from looking sexy, what was his issue today?

"Oww River stop." I cried.

"W-what's wrong?" He asked as he basically froze against me. 

"N-nothing." I said grabbing the back of his neck, trying to pull him back down onto me but he wouldn't budge.

Telling him how badly he had hurt me when we made out before I left would really hurt his feelings. It would make him not want to touch me ever again. I slid myself off of the counter, and walked over to the cubbord. 

We stood there awkwardly for at least five minutes before the beeper on the over went off. I bent over to get the cake out of the oven. I felt my shirt lift up my back a little bit as I set the cake pan on the stove. I looked back over at River who was shaking. I immediatly got concerned. What was wrong?

"Ramona." He whispered as he walked over to where I stood.

He stood there looking at me for a few seconds not saying anything. I gulped down anxiously as he stared at me, black eyes. He reached down to the hem of my shirt. He made me turn around so my back was to him. He sighed as he started lifting up my shirt.

"River don't." I cried as I tried getting away from him. 

I heard him shutter a little bit, his voice sounded like it was breaking. He shook a little as he lifted my shirt up even more to look at how bruised my back was. He pulled my shorts down a little bit, exposing my strings on my underwear which were over top of the bruises that lied uncomfortabley under them.