Chapter 17

"No way! How was it?" Aubrey asked on the other end of the phone.

"It wasn't as awkward as before." I laughed.

"Yeah because you were basically being forced." She laughed back.

"Any sign of Riley yet?" I asked, desperate to get home.

"No, he hasn't showed any sign yet, but it's only been a few days." She assured me.

"Still, I want to get home. I miss you guys." I sighed.

"Maybe we could come visit. How's Isis?" She asked.

"She's great but i'm afraid i'm doing something wrong. I don't have you here to be reading the baby books to me anymore and I don't have any time to get some. I really just want to come home Aubrey. I miss you too much. I really just want to come home." I said.

The tears seemed to escape from my eyes faster that race cars on a race track. They continued to fall and wouldn't stop. I wanted to go home. I missed my family, and I needed Aubrey. I needed to be at home. 

"You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, i'll talk to you later. Love you." I said quickly before hanging up.

I set the phone down and leaned my back against the counter in the kitchen, I cried sadly knowing that I missed my family. I missed them all. I wanted to go home. River walked in after setting Isis down for a nap. He walked into the kitchen, walking over to me shirtless and wrapping his arms around me.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly.

"I want to go home." I cried.

"We will once it's safe Ramona, I promise." He whispered still holding me.

I pulled myself away from him angerly. I didn't know why I just didn't want to be near him. Well mostly because the day after we had sex, he refused to sleep with me again because he left bruises on me. I'm weaker than usual, and he knew that. It didn't bug me the way it bugged him. 

It bugged me along the liens of the fact that he was taking it way too seriously. It was just a few bruises, and he took it harder because he had hurt me. He didn't want to be the abusive boyfriend (even though we aren't dating).

"I'm fine." I said wipeing the tears off of my face.

"Ramona it's normal to get emotional after giving birth." He assured me.

"That's not why i'm upset. You just don't understand." I said sadly.

"I don't understand? I could understand if you would fucking trust me. If you would just let me into your head and let me know what you're thinking. But you're too stubborn to do that." He said angerly. 

"River, stop yelling. I'm not trying to fight with you." I assured him.

"Sorry, I just want to be there for you but you won't let me." He said grabbing my hips gently. 

"I have trust issues." I shrugged as I leaned myself against him.

"I can see that. But Ramona i'm here. I'm going to be here, and i'm not going anywhere." He said.

I pulled my body away from his and looked up at him. I smiled as I leaned in and kissed him, pulling at the back of his hair. He held my hips back against the counter as he kissed me back. I loved River, there was no doubt in my mind that said otherwise.

"Mark me River." I whispered.

He pulled his hands off of me, and took a few steps back. What was the problem? He wanted me didn't he? He slept with me, and just admitted that he wasn't going anywhere. We had a baby togther, we were basically together and everybody knew it. So wouldn't he just do it already?