✧─ Chapter 21 ─✧

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm what?!" Esther asks, jerking herself up from the hospital bed. Those who were around her were shocked as well to hear the sudden news.

"Pregnant my dear. You are expecting a baby." The doctor says, looking at her clipboard once again. "You are 1 month into your first trimester. Congratulations. I'll be setting up your very first appointment with the gynecologist." She says as she leaves.

"I'm....expecting another baby?" She thought to herself. "I'm pregnant with Baekhyun's kid?"

"Congratulations." Minho smiles as he pats her back.

"Baekhyun will die of excitement when he hears the news." Rowoon says as he smiles as well. "I can't wait to see his reaction."

Just then, Taeyong came walking in the room. "So were you able to figure out the status of Baekhyun's health?" Rowoon asks.

"The doctor just said that he was just overworked with exhaustion. He'll be awake soon and that he'll make a speedy recovery." Taeyong says.

Everyone, including Mrs. Byun sighs in relief. "So what's the news with Esther?"

"She and Baekhyun are having another kid." Rowoon says.

His eyes widen. "For real?" He approaches her. "Congratulations."

Esther was touched by everyone's comments. She slowly glances at Mrs. Byun who was lowkey contemplating her life.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" Esther asks her.

"What can I say?" She crosses her arms. "You're always going to be a part of this family's lives whether I like it or not." She says.

"So? Does that mean...?" Esther raises her eyebrow up.

"I always hate to admit it, but you are a better fit for my son. I was just too blind to acknowledge it back then and.... Well.... Congratulations."

Esther lit a sweet yet sincere smile as she sighs in relief. "You don't how much I needed to hear that."

"So what's going to happen with Na-bi now?" Rowoon asks.

"First of all, she is going to need to learn her lesson." Minho says.

"But the media will devour her up." Rowoon says. "I mean, I do agree with Minho and that she needs to be taught a lesson, but this could lead her to a potential drive in suicide because of the hate."

"She needs a full blown session of therapy you guys. Not hate thrown at her. I know some therapists who specializes in with people who've lost themselves." Esther says.

"Jeez Esther. No wonder Baekhyun still loves you. She treated you like shit and despite that, you're stilling going to help her? You really do have a huge a heart." Rowoon says.

"I just have common sense." She says. "And it's the right thing to do. And I'm also at fault here for hooking up with my ex-husband behind everyone's back. We all make mistakes and we can learn from them by being a better version of ourselves."

"She's right." Minho says. "Our mistakes don't have to define us."

~The next day~