✧─ Chapter 10 ─✧

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Start talking." Mina crosses her legs as she sat down on the couch. "Both of you."

"He just happened to be there." Esther scratches the back of her neck due to the awkward silence and Mina scoffs in disbelief.

"What?! It's true!" Esther says with a dumbfounded expression.

"She is right." Baekhyun pitches in.

"Jake and I were both touring the area until bacon face saw me with Jake and I had no other choice to tell him the truth about his son."

"And how did Jake react?" Mina asks.

"Surprisingly, ge took it well." Baekhyun sighs as he lays back on the couch. "And I'm glad he did."

"I'm glad Jake recognizes you as his father and all, but I have a gut feeling. A bad one." Mina sighs as she covers her mouth.

"Nothing is going to happen." Baekhyun says.

"To you probably." Mina says. "But what about my sister? The media will bombard her with so much hate. Especially now since you're dating that rich socialite, uhhh what's her name? Na-bi!!"

"Think about it Esther! I get that he was the love of your life and that he is the father of your son. Nothing else! I just don't want to see you getting hurt!"

"I won't let anyone dare to lay a single finger on her or my son." Baekhyun pitches in. "Besides, I have every right to see my son on the weekends."

"You can come over anytime to see him. Except to mingle with that woman next to you. She's been through so much trauma and I don't want her suffer another relapse." Mina says.

Baekhyun sighs deeply, not liking the words that just came out of Mina's mouth. He had no choice but to agree with her decision.

"For my son, I'll do anything." He quickly glance at Esther who didn't look too satisfied with his decision.

"I'm glad that we can come to a conclusion." Mina says. "And the same goes for you sis."

"I understand. I'll do anything for my son." Esther replies with a somewhat annoyed tone.

"At the moment, don't tell the media or anyone about y'all's past. Especially Na-bi. For the sake of Jake."

"Exploiting my son on social media is the last thing I want to do. What kind of father would I be if did that?" Baekhyun asks. "I don't even want to think about it."

"As long as we keep this situation under radar, we should be good for a while or so." Mina says.

"So I can visit him anytime I'd like?" He asks.

"Yeah." Mina says.

"Oh! What we're you about to say just a few minutes ago?" Esther asks.

"I almost forgot!" Mina stands up. "Thanks for reminding me!" She sighs.

"I have an overseas business trip tomorrow afternoon and my boss invited my team over to give a brief presentation to a Japanese marketing director that's in talks with working with my company."