✧─ Chapter 1 ─✧

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything was just perfect. Nothing mattered. In fact, it was all too perfect. But all good things had to come to an end somehow. But of course, life will always move forward.

~ Year 2017 ~

There was a subtle knock on the door. "Come in." Esther whispered as she cradled her new born son.

Mina gently opens the door as her and her father step in the room. "Is that my nephew that I see?" She enthusiastically approaches her sister who just came out of labor.

As Mina looks at her newborn nephew, she immediately could tell that her nephew looks exactly like his father.

"He weights 8 pounds." Esther whispers.

"He's perfect." Esther's father says.  "How are you feeling darling?" He asks her.

"The epidural really helped me ease the pain, but nothing else matters now that I have my son in my arms."

Despite moving from Seoul and having to give birth in the United States, it was hard for Esther, but the support of her sister and father meant so much to her.

She always wanted her husband by her side as she was giving birth to his son, but some sacrifices had to be made.

Mr. Lee and Mina exchange a concerned glance at each other. "He looks exactly like his father." He mouths quietly. "I know." Mina mouths back.

Mina was a very observant person. She glanced at Esther's smile and she could tell that it was forced. The smile on her face looked saddened.

"Can I hold him?" Mr. Lee asks.

"Of course dad. Just be gentle with his head through." Esther hands her son to her father.

"My grandson. I'm going to spoil you so hard." He says and Esther giggles.

"He's so tiny." Mina says. "Have you decided what you are going to name him?" She asks.

"Yes. But I won't tell you guys yet. Not until I have registered it." She says.

Esther knew that her son was going to be spoiled with so much love and support. And for her son, she do what it takes for him to grow up in a loving home.

"Mom would of been so happy right now." Mina says.

"I'm sure she is where ever she is at." Mr. Lee says.

It's been over several months since Esther's mom had passed away just several weeks after Baekhyun and Esther went their separate ways. Due to a fatal car accident.

Esther decided to change the subject before the atmosphere became unsettling. "Can you watch him? Just until I finish showering?" She asks.

"You just pushed a baby out an hour ago." Mina says as Esther tries to sit up.

"I know, but I seriously reek." She says.

"I'll help you." Mina holds onto her arm.

"You do your thing girls. I'll be right here spoiling my grandson." Mr. Lee gently sits back on the couch.