✧─ Chapter 2 ─✧

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Esther was a fast learner. Just 30 minutes into her job and she was excelling. Her two coworkers were impressed by her fast pace in knowledge. By the second hour at work, she was working on her own.

It was finally lunch hour for her. Esther and her coworkers got along pretty well. They showed her the way to the lounge and it was huge. The lounge was as huge as the inside of a luxurious museum cafeteria.

"It's pretty packed over there." She says.

"Which is why I'm ordering ahead." Sana says, pulling out her phone. "To save us the time in waiting in line."

"Esther? Minnie? What do you girls want to eat?" Sans pulls up the app.

"Jajangmyeon with a lemonade." Minnie says.

"And you Esther?"

Esther thought long and hard before she replied. "I'll have Bulgogi with an iced tea."

"Gotcha. Our food will be ready in 5 minutes."

Their food arrived at their table in less than 5 minutes.

"Thank god for food!" Sana says and Minnie and Esther chuckle. "Food is my only love."

"Don't forget about money." Minnie says as she picks up her chopsticks.

"So Esther?" Minnie asks. "What do you think about the company so far?"

"So far it's okay. Just as long as clients are rude, then I'll be okay."

"It's rare for clients to get frustrated or upset at us." Sana says.

"As long they have an ID for their appointments then it's all good." Minnie says.

"Last time someone got upset was several months ago because I told them that they needed to make an appointment 24 hours in advance. And then they threw a fit because they urgently needed to speak to the CEO."

"And what happened next?" Esther asks.

"Security escorted that person out. It was really embarrassing for them. And besides, the boss wasn't even here that day." Sana says.

"I think he was at a meeting with the board of directors that day." Minnie says.

"But don't worry, that mistake won't happen again. The big boss doesn't tolerate any small or minor inconveniences." Sana says.

"Speaking of big boss..." Minnie nudges Sana's shoulder repeatedly. "Look who's coming!"

Sana looks up and her eyes widen. "Stand up!" Sana nudges Esther's shoulder.

Esther who was taking a sip of her iced tea, stops as she wipes her mouth with a napkin. Everyone in the entire room bows down as the CEO makes his way into the cafeteria.

"Jesus Christ. This man is clearly respected by his employees." Esther says in her mind.

Esther decided to lift her head up to see what her future boss looks like and to her glance, her eyes widen with pure shock.