•Chapter 28•

Joshual's POV

Right when Taylor and Lamar ran off, the creature charged towards us.

I growled and dodged it. Charlie shifted and ran at him. I started to run towards the monster, but stopped when pain shot through my arm.

I looked at Charlie and saw that he had the upper hand. The pain was getting stronger and I knew that was how Taylor was feeling.

"Taylor is in trouble." I said.

He barked and I took that as a confirmation that I could go. I ran in the direction of the pack house. I stopped just a few feet away from the house and looked up right when Taylor and that monster bust through the window. They were fighting in mid air.

"Someone help!" People yelled. All of her pack members were outside.

The monster pushed her off of her, making Taylor fly a little higher in the air. The creature fell and shattered into ashes.

I looked up and saw Taylor was clutching her stomach. I ran to where I thought she would fall and got ready to catch her. The ground started to shake, making me step back.

"What the-"

The roots in the ground shot up towards Taylor and wrapped themselves around her, securing her like she was in a cocoon.

I stared wide eyed at the scene before me. Her pack members were whispering and staring at their Alpha. This just had to get weirder.

The roots slowly started to come down, lowering with Taylor inside. Once she made it to the ground, the roots went back inside the ground and Taylor was still clutching her stomach. I rushed towards her and bent down.

"Taylor, are you okay?" I asked.

She opened one eye and looks at me. She opened the other eye and looked around. She slumped back to the ground and let out a breath.

"Taylor, are you okay?"

I looked ahead of me and saw Ryan jogging towards us. He bent down on the other side of her. She moved her hand from her stomach and I saw blood on her hands.

"Huh? That thing had wolfsbane on its' shoe. Great." She mumbled. I picked her up and carried her towards the house.

"No. Put me down." She demanded. I ignored her and walked up to the entrance.

"Put me down, Josh." She said. I stopped and looked down at her.

Her stomach was still bleeding, but she seemed unfazed by it. I shook my head and entered the pack house.

"Put me down, now!" She yelled. I glared down at her and she glared back. I sighed and put her down. She moved back and looked at me, then behind me.

"Where is Charlie?" She asked.

"He is still in the woods, hopefully killing that monster." I said. She pushed pass me and walked out the house. I followed her and grabbed her arm.

"You need to go to the pack doctor." I said. She growled and pulled her grip out of my arm.

"I'll be fine. It will heal soon." She mumbled. I growled and stepped up to her.

"It's not just a scratch, Taylor. It's wolfsbane." I growled out.

She rolled her eyes and looked down at her stomach. I looked down at it too. The wound was still bleeding.

"I'll handle it later." She said. She turned around and began to jog back into the forest. I jogged after her and saw that she wasn't even wincing in pain.