•Chapter 6•

Joshual's POV

"Well, let's talk about that little tantrum." I started but stopped when I saw that Taylor wasn't paying attention. Instead, she had that fire like shield around her.

"Ummm. Why does that happen?" I asked, worried. I mean, who wouldn't be concerned if their mate was on fire.

Mate. I like that. I have finally found my mate. I would never have thought she would have been an Alpha, though.

"When I explain it to her, she can choose to tell you. I'm not supposed to say anything about that until...." Ryan trailed off.

"Until what?" I asked, standing up from my seat.

"My lips are sealed." He said. He moved his hand over his mouth and acted like he threw the key away.

I growled and started to walk toward him, but stopped when there was a high pitch scream.

I looked in the corner where Taylor was standing to see her on the floor screaming. I ran to her and fell to my knees, picking her up. She was burning up.

"Why is she screaming?" I asked Ryan.

"It's happening. We need to get her outside." Ryan said, walking towards the office door.

"What's happening? What are you talking about?" I asked, worry lacing my voice.

"She's.... shifting." He said, barely a whisper.

"Shifting?!" Everyone except Ryan said out loud.

"What do you mean shifting?" I asked, looking down at my mate. She was still screaming in pain.

"I will explain later, but we need to get her outside now!" He yelled.

I growled at him. I didn't like how he was talking to me, but for the sake of my mate, I had to restrain myself.

I ran out of my office with my mate in my arms. She was still screaming. She looked so terrified, and I couldn't even help her.

We made it outside to the garden, where there was a clearing. I laid her down and ran my hand over her head. She was still burning up.

"P-Please make it s-stop!" She screamed. Then all you could hear were bones cracking.

"Step back now!" Ryan yelled at me. I didn't move. I wasn't going to leave my mate when she is hurting like this. Even if I have only known her for a few hours.

"STEP BACK NOW!" He yelled again. I looked down at my mate one last time before I got up and stepped back until I was beside Ryan.

"What's happening to her?" I demanded. For some reason, I felt like he was keeping secrets.

"She is shifting." He said.

"What do you mean shifting?" I asked, confused.

"Werewolves shift when they turn sixteen," I added.

"Well, not her. She shifted when she was seven years old, but she didn't get to complete the process because she got... interrupted?" Ryan asked more than stated.

"Interrupted?" I asked him.

"There was a rouge attack when it was happening. A rouge had got to her, and something happened that it affected her change. Years ago, I went and visited an old friend who knows more about this. She said that when she would meet her mate, that's when she would completely shift." Ryan said.

I stared at him with wide eyes. I looked at my mate, whose bones were cracking even more. She was no longer screaming. She was whimpering.

Then I had this thought. Wolves that shift at an early age are very special. Like myth type special. Like... white wolf special. I looked back at Ryan, who was grinning like he just won a medal.

"Wolves that shift are known to be a white wolf, but those are myths," I said to him.

"Or are they?" Ryan said, pointing straight ahead and smiling.

I followed his finger, and indeed there it was. A white wolf. Not just that, but my mate.