•Chapter 12•

Taylor's POV

I couldn't believe my eyes. A rouge. A filthy rouge. On my land with one of my pack members in his arms.

"LET. HIM. GO." I growled out. My wolf was up front, but I still had control. He laughed, which made me growl louder. I started walking toward him with Ryan, Mason, and Joshual hot on my tail.

"Uh, uh, uh. You might want to stop if you want to see this pup alive." He said with his hand around Theo's neck. Theo wasn't just a kid in the pack. He was Mason's son and my play nephew.

"You better let him go, rouge." Mason said, stepping up beside me. Theo was crying and it broke my heart to see him like that.

"Before you even get him, your pack will be demolished. So there's no use." He said with a smirk. I laughed at him, which made him frown.

"You rouges really are dumb. You really think that you can take out my pack? My fighters have already 'demolished' your little pack of rouges, so you better give up." I said, walking forward.

He looked around panicked. He looked toward me and Theo then threw him in the air. Dang. He must be strong. Theo was screaming. I looked up to see him falling.

Without hesitation, I jumped up in the air and grabbed him. I pulled him close to me so he wouldn't feel the impact. I hit the ground with a loud smack. Pain shot into my back as I gasped for air.

I sat up and hugged Theo. I pulled back to see if he had any bruises on him.

"Are you okay, Theo?" I asked. He nodded and I wiped his face and got up with him in my arms.

I looked back where the rouge was standing and found Mason in his wolf form tearing his arm off. I covered Theo's eyes and turned to walk away when Mason stopped me.

'He says that someone on the inside told them to attack.' I turned around with Theo still in my arms.

'Don't kill him. Take him to the prison and I'll be down there in a minute.' I responded back.

'Yes, Alpha.' I turned around to leave when I bumped into someone. That someone was Joshual. He was just staring at me with his mouth open.

"What?" I asked. He snapped out of it and closed his mouth. I laughed and walked around him. Theo climbed down and put his hand into mine.

While we were walking back to the pack house, I saw numerous bodies everywhere. Rouges of course. I growled at them even though they were dead. They were being gathered up and burned. Theo tugged on my shirt making me look down at him.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"Who was that man?" He asked softly.

"What man?" I asked confused.

"That man you bumped into." Theo said back.

"Oh. Him? Well, I'll explain that later to you and the pack." I said with a smile. I still couldn't believe I found my mate. All these years he has been right next to me.

When we entered the house, I told some of the women to watch over Theo. I walked up the stairs to my room. When I opened the door I found Joshual, Mason, and Ryan sitting on my couch with their heads in their hands.

"What are you guys doing in my room?" I asked. They looked toward me. Well, except for Mason. I already knew he wanted to get right to the rouge, but I needed to know more about how I'm shifting all of a sudden.

I walked over to my bed and sat down.

"Well, since we are all here. Care to explain how in the world am I shifting." I said, looking toward Ryan. He stood up and walked toward me, but stopped just a few feet away.

"Long story short. You shifted because you found your mate. You are the legendary white wolf, the daughter of the MoonGoddess. You have certain powers that you need to learn how to control." He finished in one breath. I was shocked. He began to walk out the room, but I got their within seconds.

"So is this a power?" I asked, referring to the speed. He shook his head no.

"You've always been fast, Taylor." He said. Oh yeah. I forgot all about that.

"What about when she jumped in the air to save that kid?" Joshual asked. Ryan looked at him and shook his head no again.

"She's been able to do that stuff. She just didn't know it because she had never been in a situation like that."

"Then what powers do I have?" I asked curious.

"Well, you can do that force field thing, which you need to learn how to control. Also you can confuse the mind with one simple word, but you have to focus really hard."

"Cool." Mason mumbled, uninterested.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" I asked. He looked me in the eyes and I saw guilt in his.

"It just wasn't the right time." He responded. I let out a shaky breath. I needed to talk to someone alone.

"Y'all can go to the prison. I'll be there in a minute." I said. All of them attempted to move but I stopped Joshual. "

Except for you, dipstick." I said, making him growl. When they exited the room, I looked toward him to see he was staring at me.

"Um. Well you wanted me to stay in here for what reason?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Oh. Right. I wanted to talk to you about the meeting. You know, about the rouges and land." I said to him. He sat down in my chair that's at my desk.

"That can wait. What I want to know is everything about you." He said. I started laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Is this dude serious? He sounds like some dreamy teenager. When I looked at his facial expression and saw all the seriousness in it, I stopped laughing.

"Well umm. What do you wanna know, dipstick?" I asked, trying to hold back a laugh. He growled and got up from the chair. He started walking toward me slowly. I stepped back but he kept walking forward.

"Don't call me that, princess." I laughed. Only I can give nicknames. He was still walking forward and I was stepping back until I backed into a wall.

He was so close that his breath was fanning my face. He put his head in the crook of my neck and inhaled my scent. I couldn't help it and did the same thing. The smell of vanilla and mint hit my nose. It was so intoxicating.

"You smell so good." He said with his head still in the crook of my neck. I chuckled.

"What do I smell like?" I asked, curious.

"You smell like garbage." I pushed him back. He was laughing.

"Oh yeah? Well you smell like doo doo." I said with my arms crossed over my chest.

"I was just kidding. You smell like cinnamon and apples." He said stepping back in front of me.

"Whatever." I said walking toward the door, but what stopped me was the words that came out of his mouth.