43 | real life

LIZZIE STORMS TO the door of the triplets' house, banging on it until it opens.

nick stands on the other side, confused as ever. "lizzie?" he asks.

"i need to talk to chris," she says quickly before running up to his room.

she's once again banging on a door, but this time chris stands on the other side. as the door opens, lizzie immediately starts smacking his bare shoulders while screaming at him, "how fucking stupid are you?"

chris is trying to push her away from him, but she doesn't allow that.

"you really fucking believed all of that bullshit she said about me and matt?" she shouts, out of breath from hitting him.

chris still doesn't respond, his eyebrows furrowed as he watches her try to gather herself.

"hello?" she shouts, "i'm fucking speaking to you!"

"what are you talking about?" he asks as he shuts the door to his bedroom, grabbing a random tee-shirt to throw on.

"charlotte!" she says, confused as to how he hasn't caught on. "what she told you about matt and i at the party."

"what about it?" chris scoffs.

"it's not fucking true, dipshit!"

"right," he mutters, walking towards his bed and sitting down.

she stands in front of him, unable to grasp why he's acting this way.

"chris!" she walks closer to him, "are you actually kidding me?"

"lizzie, look, i don't need your explanation," he starts, "it's not like we were dating."

"and i never said we were," she lowers her voice. "but i'm still not a fucking homie hopper, or rather triplet taster."

"triplet taster?" he asks, confused.

"i didn't kiss matt!" she shouts.

"then why did charlotte say you did?" he raises his voice.

"i don't know!" she screams, "maybe because she wanted you and knew that you'd already kissed me!"

"this is why i don't fucking get involved with girls," chris groans.

"chris," lizzie lifts his chin to look at her. "look, whatever happened, happened."

"but i liked you, okay," she sighs. "i didn't want to, and i told everyone i didn't, but of course i fucking did."

chris just stares at her while she speaks. "i would never hook up with matt, especially not at a party where i was thinking about you the whole fucking time."

chris stays silent, not quite sure what to say. he opens his mouth to speak, but then closes it again.

"you didn't kiss matt?" he whispers. she just shakes her head.

"i'm so sorry," he says. "i really fucked everything up, didn't i?"

"yeah, kind of," she agrees.

"fuck," he covers his face with his hands. "i'm sorry i didn't go to your album release party."

"happens," she mutters.

"how am i so stupid?"

"because you're a boy," she laughs. "was the sex good at least?"

"sex?" he asks, looking up at her with a confused expression.

"with charlotte," she explains.

"i didn't have sex with charlotte, so i'm not quite sure who you're talkin' to here," he says.

lizzie pulls up her phone, showing him the message she received a few hours ago. "she told me you did."

"fucking lying bitch," chris says, disgusted. "i can assure you i did not."

"wow," lizzie chuckles. "she got us both."

chris is beyond embarrassed by his actions, so he stays quiet for the rest of the time she sits on his bed.

"well, uh," she says, "i'm gonna go find nick."

"yeah, have fun," chris mutters while leaning back into his bed.