The New Beginning

Everyone claims they know what hell is like. Most of those people experience it. An experience not worth finding out, riots began all over the world, families ran out of their own homes...it disgusts me that someone would enjoy this thrill of tormenting innocents. This is a life nobody should live, including myself, but I'm the one to blame. It was my responsibility to keep that box safe and now it's in the possession of the Royals, the world becoming so violent and dark is my doing and that's something I'm wiling to die for trying to fix things.

Sean:"Ready?"
Me:"Yea, sure."
Sean:"We need to get Marie somewhere safe."
Me:"I know, let's go."

Sean raised his eyebrow as he studied my movements, I know he doesn't like this either, but he's not the one to blame. Being a Grimm comes with huge responsibilities that sometimes don't go the way you want it to go. Following him out of the house, he got Marie into the backseat while I climbed into the passenger seat.

~~~

During our endless drive, I stared out the window. From the corner of my eye, I saw Sean glance in the rear view mirror before speaking as he reached over to hold my hand,

Sean:"You need to stop blaming yourself. It wouldn't have happened if I didn't tell you to go see Rosalee."
Me:"You didn't know. Either way, it still could have happened. It was smart to have her warn us like that."
Sean:"I wasn't sure about her doing that, but there wasn't a faster way."
Me:"I know, she shouldn't be involved in any of this."
Sean:"And she will not be."
Me:"Where are we going?"
Sean:"That's a surprise."
Me:"Really?"
Sean:"Yes, just know you'll love it."
Me:"Is she sleeping?"
Sean:"Yea, she is out cold."
Me:"Good, I need to talk about something."
Sean:"You can talk to me about anything, you know that. What's on your mind?"

Turning my body in the seat to face him, he took a quick glance at me.

Sean:"What?"
Me:"This battle, it may be our last but I know it will not end the way we want it, I just want you to know I do not want you to be stuck in a depression when our daughter will need you the most."
Sean:"What? What are you talking about baby?"

Sighing softly,

Me:"Pull over, it'll only take a minute."

Sean pulled the car over and then turned to look at me,

Me:"What I'm talking about is, what if he's stronger than we actually know? Can we even defeat him without anyone dying? Sean, truthfully, I'm scared that Marie will grow up without one of us.."
Sean:"Hey.."

He leaned against the middle console, looking me in the eye.

Sean:"I know, I've been thinking the same thing. Constantly. I'd rather it be me, Marie can grow up without a father, but a mother? No, she'll need a strong woman like you by her side, helping her with every little mistake she makes. It would be nice if she grew up with a father, but I'm sorry that's the way I feel about it."
Me:"Yes, I know that, but Sean you're not listening to what I am saying."
Sean:"Then what are you saying, Sylas?"
Me:"I'm saying, all of us will not be together, and I want you to prepare yourself for that."

Watching tears form in his eyes, his jaw clenched, but he broke eye contact by looking down.

Sean:"What you're actually saying is that Marie and I will have to move on without you, right?"
Me:"Yes."

His head shot up, and the anger burning in his eyes was deep. Locking eyes, his eyes narrowed.

Sean:"I will not accept that, Sylas. I can't."
Me:"Sean, you need to. If you can't do this for me, then please do it for our daughter."

Sean closed his eyes as a few tears fell. Shaking his head, he finally opened his eyes.

Sean:"You're seriously making me do this?"
Me:"It needs to be done, Sean. I'm sorry I honestly believe this is a war we won't win. Please don't say how it happened. Claim it to be a missing persons case and bury an empty casket."
Sean:"No."