Part 15

Amira opened her eyes in a disgustingly familiar room. The one room she never wanted to wake up in ever again. She looked around her old room, it was the same as she left it, her childhood memories flooding her brain.

She got out of bed, looking at the large bandage over her chest. Nyssa sure as hell didn't miss, it didn't hurt much but it stung. She looked at her old uniform on a chair, wondering if it fit her. Amira did gain some weight in Starling city, enjoying the delicious food and the lack of intense training. She was now at a healthy weight.

She tried on the uniform, kind of happy at the fact that it didn't fit the best. She stayed in the long dress she was wearing when she was called down to meet Ra'as al-Ghul. In what she used to call "the big room", she met the man she owed her life to, with her back facing her.

"Welcome back Al-jalaad (the executioner), you were missed".

Amira bowed out of respect. "May I ask why I was requested back here? You were the one to free me of my oath. Why the sudden change of mind?

"I simply wanted you back, the League is not the same without it's best trainer and assassin. I see you've put on some weight, did you enjoy Starling City?"

"Not as much as I wish I did, I did eat well but it didn't feel the same as my home village. I couldn't bear to go back there after my parent's death, still, my village holds a dear place in my heart". She lied through her teeth, but she couldn't let him know. She couldn't let him know that this city and the people in it gave her more life that she ever could imagine, in fear of what he might make her do.

"Are you happy to be back?"

"I don't know, it's not what I expect but I'll accept it nonetheless"

"You were always very reasonable Al-Jalaad" her jaw clenched whenever she would hear this name, it wasn't her name, it never was and it never will be. "Your training will start tomorrow, it won't take long for you to lose the extra weight, you'll fit into your old uniform in no time. You may go now"

"Thank you". Amira stood up and left. She sat on the bed, wondering what she was going to do now, she had some idea of a plan, but nothing detailed, which was the problem. She sat on the windowsill, looking at the moon. It was the only thing she liked of the room, the fact that you could see a pretty starry night once the sun set; but every time she saw the moon, she would only think about one thing. One person in particular.

She thought about Oliver, wondering how he was doing. If Malcom had indeed made sure that Oliver was handling her departure well. How were Roy, Felicity and Diggle handling it? Well, she hoped.

She got up, changing into something she could train in. She braided her long hair, missing the days where Oliver insisted on doing her hair every morning, to the point where he had become an amazing braider.

Leaving the room she was staying in, she rapidly found the man she was looking for "Sarab!" she called for him. He walked towards her, still stiff and tensed, but with a soft look on his face.

"For once Al-Nadhir (the harbinger) is bringing good news! Good to see you came back without making it complicated for us", he shook her hand, Sarab was the only one to use her childhood nickname, she liked it.

"Yes indeed, want to train together like we used to?", she proposed, grabbing a curved sword as he took his sword. The both of them faced each other, moving in a circle, until they started attacking each other.

Frankly, Amira missed this, actually fighting, not having to hold back, being able to hit as hard as she could and actually having a worthy opponent. Like always, Amira's fighting style as similar to dancing, she would twirl, making her long dress flow with the wind, swaying her hair side to side.

Despite the long time she spent away from the League, she had not lost in skill. She had put on some weight but that only made her stronger, more robust, more energetic. It didn't take her too long to overpower Sarab, getting him on the floor as she pointed her blade at him.

She turned around, hearing slow claps behind her. She met Ra'as' gaze. "I'm impressed Al-Jalaad, you did not lose in skill, still as good as you used to be, if not better. Still, Sarab is not a worthy opponent against you". Ra'as al Ghul grabbed a sword, putting an arm behind him. "I want to personally test your skills".

Amira was taken aback but didn't refuse the challenge, she collected herself, taking a deep breath, and beginning the fight.

Sarab stood in a corner, watching the fight of the decade. As time passed, other assassins came to witness this fight. Something none of them could imagine, even in their wildest dreams.

Amira was still standing, badly injured, but still fighting. She had the stamina of an entire army, and the pain tolerance of thousands of men. Despite the many cuts, bruises and deep wounds, she stood, again and again, holding up her sword high.

Ra'as al ghul was now using both of his hands, something never seen before. He too was injured, but mildly, just a few cuts here and there.

This fight went on for hours, everyone getting used to the sounds of metal clanking and heavy breathing. It was mostly strategic, less fighting, every twist, every turn, every hit, was planned down to the most minute detail. Both moving with such speed that it was hard to keep up.

This was a war, and both were determined to win.