2| I am mine, Before I am ever anyone else's.

2002, July 21st. It was finally the day that the Rosewood family moved to Germany. Nyla had some thoughts about what would happen once she gets there. But her extremely high ego and self esteem has her back. Although she was just twelve, she always thought she was above everyone. Even her parents. She swears by her motto,

"I am mine, Before I am ever anyone else's."

And that's exactly what she's planning to do when they get there.

The family finally arrived at their destination. Instead of a shabby old apartment, they instead got a welcoming home. They went inside and it looked great. "I guess this wouldn't be that bad." Nyla said. She knows she loves it, but for the sake of her pride, Nyla didn't want to admit to her parents that it was way better than their previous home after she said that it'd be worse than the 20 year old apartment. She knew she was wrong, she just absolutely hated admitting her mistakes and apologizing. "Whatever you say, sweetie. Now go get a box and help us, 6 arms are better than 4." Her father said, knowing her personality and the way she acts, this was normal for the parents. Not admitting to her faults and not so caring with her words. If her parents asked her to do something, she'd do it without a second thought. She just didn't know how to be anything other than mean or acting like she doesn't care. 

Her parents obviously tried fixing her for the better, but nothing worked. And that's just the way she is. Her true nature.

Hours pass by, it's now 4pm. Most of the boxes are unpacked and all of the items in their respective places, and each room neatly decorated. Other than Nyla's room of course. her bedroom walls are filled with posters and CD's, The shelves filled with albums and books that she only keeps for decoration, her bed having black, ivory and burgundy silk pillows along with her favorite maroon bedsheets. It was perfect. Everything was in place and she could finally rest.

It was the next day, and Nyla decided to go explore the new neighborhood as it was still unfamiliar to her. she needed to memorize where each of the buildings were in case she gets chased down by people wanting to fight her, or vicious dogs looking to attack her. which has happened before back then. so she went to her parents for permission asking if she could go out. To which they agreed. 

Nyla got in the shower to wash her body and hair. All with vanilla scented items. she loved the smell of vanilla, when she took a test strip for fun at the store, she instantly fell in-love with it. And so it became her signature scent. perfume, lip balm, lotion, all of them were vanilla scented. She got out of the shower and began to get herself ready.

She wore a crop top, along with a denim jacket and bootcut jeans. She couldn't forget her highlight of her outfit, Red and black hair clips and a red bracelet, Pairing it with a necklace she got last year for her birthday. She wears that Necklace everyday because it was special to her. Not  just because she got it for her birthday, but it was also from her grandma that was passed on to her after dying from an illness. She cherished that necklace with all her heart. 

After she got herself ready, She got her messenger bag pre-filled with stuff she needed if she ever wanted to buy anything. And obviously for self defense. 

Her dad had already left for work, so it was just her mom and Nyla in the house. "Bye mom! I'll be back before dinner!" she yelled in order to reach her mother that was all the way down to the kitchen. "Okay! Be careful and stay safe! Love you!" Her mother yelling back.

She'd been strolling through the streets aimlessly wandering through the fascinating buildings that her past location didn't have. She was enjoying the peace when suddenly a group of boys surrounded her. "What's a beautiful young woman like you doing here? There's not a lot of hotties like you, how about I take you out for lunch?" The stranger said in german. He looked about 14-15, along with his other friends that looked like Mr krabs if he was high. "Get away from me!" The girl said with absolute disgust on her face. 

Although she had a bit of an accent when speaking german, that didn't stop her from speaking her mind."Hey, hey, why would you refuse This absolute hunk?" The stranger in front of her said while pointing at himself."Who the fuck do you think you are? I wouldn't go out with guys like you, especially when they're narcissistic, and crazy in the head." Nyla said defending herself. "What the fuck did you just say?" Says the stranger, getting more and more angry. "I could report you to the police too, since i'm not even 13, and why would you think a girl would agree to having lunch with you? Your just a nobody that just wants attention because your parents never gave it to you, and now you take it out on everyone else around you because-..." Nyla stopped talking once she saw the strangers face. He looked even more agitated. Partly because she was probably right, and partly because she refused to go on a date with him.

 Nyla could read people like a book, that gave her the upper hand in everything. But sometimes she gets a little too carried away with her words, resulting in fights she didn't even want to be in in the first place. 

a couple seconds pass and within those seconds, she takes the chance to shove past them and start running. "Get that bitch!" The stranger that was in front of her said to his group. "I should've stopped talking, Shit." Nyla mumbled to herself while her and the group of boys that are chasing her were sprinting through the streets, ignoring everyone she passed by. Some looking at them weird and confused, and some ignoring them acting like it was part of their daily life. about 5 minutes pass by, Nyla felt that she'd been running away from them for an hour. The group of boys also slowing down. Nyla turned a corner, and before the group also could she went to the nearest shop to hide. The group of boys passed the shop, making Nyla's plan work. She felt relieved to finally lose the boys, while also gasping for air from all the running that she did. 

Good thing she was athletic, or she would've been a goner. Nyla finally calmed down and decided she would browse the shop since she was already there, she grabbed a few snacks and a cold bottle of water. While still browsing the shelves if she wanted anything else, a customer in the shop was staring at her the whole time. She didn't notice it, but as she paid for her items and turned around, she made brief eye contact with him for a moment, baggy clothes, blonde dreads, and a lip piercing. She didn't think of anything of it as she only caught a glimpse of him. The customer didn't let her out of his sight until she got out of the store. She didn't pay any mind to him, and began her way back home and tell her parents about the incident that happened today.

 She didn't pay any mind to him, and began her way back home and tell her parents about the incident that happened today

Authors note

Y'all i actually didn't know how hard it would be to write 1000 words in 1 chapter but i managed to make it 1200😭 Toms appearance wasn't all that but he'll make an entrance soon enough