Chapter 23: Selfish

Celeste came to message, or more to complain to me, about Noah texting her, sending many screenshots of the conversation between them.

She posted a note on her Instagram account, writing 'The string brokeee' She meant her violin's string broke, for no reason. And then Noah came to message her, asking what happened.

"Why he wants to text me about it?" Celeste asked, "I mean I'm not even friends with him you know."

"Probably he just wanted to know what happened, or was just curious," I replied.

I was very, very, kind of jealous.

What kind of people you are to him now?
Are you even worth getting jealous of it?
Noah met Celeste first and talked together on the first day of school, but who are you?
Where were you?

Celeste can play the violin! What can you fucking do? Instead of studying, what else you can do??

She's a beautiful girl with glittering eyes, how about you? JUST A NERD THAT NO ONE LOVES!

My mind again, hallucinating me, telling me that I shouldn't get jealous of both of them because my friend is way better than me, and I'm not worth it.

"Why is he curious? Doesn't he know he's annoying?" Celeste asked.

"He's just being nice I guess. If you don't like it just ignore him, block him, restrict him, do whatever you like."

"I think I'll block and unfollow him."
"Good."

Why am I doing this? Noah can be happy with her.
He's interested in her.
Why am I being so selfish?
Why did I tell Celeste to block him?

This is the first time, knew that love can be generous but also selfish.

I guess that is what love is.

As I pondered over my feelings and insecurities, Celeste continued to vent about Noah's annoying texts. But as the conversation went on, I couldn't help but feel guilty about encouraging her to block him.

I was trying to figure out what was bothering me.

Suddenly, I realized how much I had let my jealousy and insecurities get in the way of Celeste and Noah's potential friendship. Who was I to stand in the way of someone else's happiness?

I realized that love wasn't just about being generous or selfish. It was about learning to recognize and confront your flaws and being willing to take responsibility for your actions.

And as for Celeste and Noah? Well, that was up to them. But I knew that whatever happened, I was determined to be a better friend and a better person.