Chapter 4: Cope

I didn't think about him when I was on my vacation. He didn't come to text me, and neither me.

It was all fine, till when the holiday was over. Have to go to school again.

"Can I not go to school tomorrow?" I playfully asked my mom.
"What do you think?" my mom threw the question back to me.

I didn't reply, I went back into my room and continued studying.

I hoped that tomorrow was all well,
but it didn't.

       *.             *.              *.             *.              *.

I reached school early in the morning. He and his friends were chatting outside of the class.

I looked down, didn't dare to look at him even once, and went inside the class. I sat down and I just lay on the table.

All of them outside came into the class. I didn't dare to look up at them.

My heart wanted me to look at him because I knew how much I missed him. My mind being rational, asked me not to, as it will only make him think that we still have changes to get back together.

I listened to my mind. For the best of us.

I stood up, not turning anywhere, and went out of the classroom to the library.

Because it was early, there was not even a single person inside. I sat in the library, all alone, calming myself down. I was in there for ten minutes, and I went back to class.

At this time he should've gone to do his other important stuff at his club, he should've not been in class. As I stepped in, my eyes can't help and landed on him.

He hasn't left yet.

His brown eyes, it's been a while since I last saw them. I felt that my heart went beating fast like always when I see him. I think he realised someone was looking at him, he looked up at me.

My eyes escaped immediately. I went back to my place, telling myself not to look at him anymore. I have to control myself, hide my feelings, and let my mind instead of my heart take control of me.

Tears watered my eyes. I pretended to sleep in my seat, I didn't want anyone to ask me about my day.

I wiped my tears off, in case someone saw it.

"Jane?" Amelia pat me on my head. I looked up at her, "Yeah?" "How's your holiday at that island?" she smiled widely at me. Her smile can always melts my heart.

"It's great!" I exclaimed and squeezed a smile back to her. "I had an amazing time there," I continued.

"Nice to hear that," Amelia answered. "And I gotta go, you know, club things," she continued.

Amelia and he are in the same club in school.
"Yeah, sure," I said. "Bye,"

I watched as she left the classroom. I turned back to see if he was still there. His seat was empty. I guess he left when I was talking with Amelia.

I think I'll just find someone to talk to or sleep through the time he's in the classroom before classes start.