Chapter 11: Mistake

It was after school. As usual, we all went downstairs.

But today, it was special but odd as well.

"Tom?" I saw him standing beside the stairs.
"Jane!" he called happily.
"What are you doing here?" I asked smiling, but also feeling kind of worried if Noah was coming in any second.

Tom likes me, romantically. He confessed, but I was with Noah at that time. So I didn't accept it.

I think it's the first time I finally said his name in this book. (laughs)

I still admire Tom's courage, he still keeps texting me now.

"I- Uh, just here to wait for Christopher,"
"Oh, you're waiting for Christ,"
"Mhm, yeah,"

When Tom was looking at me, I could see his eyes were full of stars, twinkling brightly. It was like I'm the whole world to him.

I saw Christopher walking down, talking with Noah. Yes, him.

"Yeah, so, goodbye," I said politely, "Christ is coming." "Oh, okay. Goodbye," Tom replied, giving me a wide beam. I smiled back.

I left, walking towards Noah. Oh, of course, I just left without looking at him. I was heading to the gate to go home.

You have to be cruel towards yourself, Jane.
My mind reminded me.

But I think it's being cruel towards my heart.

I reached home, thinking back at Tom's eyes. His eyes glittered. His eyes reminded me of something. But I couldn't think of what it was.

His eyes were like stars, shining.
Noah.

My heart finally got the chance to say something.

I got a message from Tom.
"I'll wait for you tomorrow morning, want to talk something to you. Which gate are you coming to?"

I hesitated.
"The side gate."

"Nice," he said.
"I'll wait for you," I texted back.

I didn't know why I was doing this, but I know this will be the next mistake I'll be making.