Hashira meeting

Tengen got Rengoku's bird, surprised as he only saw the piece of clothe. He quickly followed the bird and found the slayer on the ground. He didn't have time to worry about what had happened. He picked his best friend up and ran as fast as he could to the butterfly estate. There, Shinobu, who was still awake, quickly took care of the flame hashira. Tengen stayed there, sitting beside the small bed. Worry was plastered over both of the hashira's face.

Rengoku didn't wake up until the morning. He quickly sat up. Douma and Akaza probably weren't aware that he was awake at that time. His eyes quickly looked around the room, hoping to see the striped demon but he was nowhere to be seen. Worry hit him like a tsunami. Tengen woke up as he heard Rengoku's heavy breathing.

-"Kyo! You're awake!" He said as relief appeared on his face.
-"Where's Akaza?" He asked worriedly.
-"Who's Akaza?" Asked Shinobu as she walked in with bandages and medicine.
-"Uh... don't get mad Shinobu... Akaza is upper three... and one of my close friends."
-"And his crush!" Added Tengen, making Rengoku blush.

Shinobu stayed quiet for a bit as she started changing the bandages on Rengoku.

-"You trust him?" She finally asked.
-"Yes. He's been living in my house for a little over a month now."

Rengoku then started telling Shinobu about everything that had happened. She listened quietly until he got to the night before, explaining how he heard Akaza exchange himself for his safety. He felt guilty that his crush was in trouble because of him. Shinobu's jaw clenched as she heard the name Douma. Rengoku then remembered he was the one that killed Kanae. He then knew Shinobu would help him.

-"We can't beat upper two on our own... We'll need the others..." She finally said, making both of the boys nod quickly.
-"I'll ask master for a meeting." Added Rengoku.

And that's exactly what he did. He sent a letter to Ubuyashiki, asking for an urgent meeting. He got the answer an hour later when they all received the order to gather at the usual place. The three hashiras immediately went.

Once everyone was gathered, Ubuyashiki finally appeared. Everyone greeted him.

-"Hello my children. One of us requested this meeting." He said on his calm voice.

They all looked at each other until Rengoku got up.

-"Thank you master."
-"What's the problem Rengoku?" Asked Mitsuri.
-"Uhm... I... might it might not have let a demon live with me..."

Everyone was silent for a minute before everyone started talking over the other. Ubuyashiki lifted a hand up and everyone went quiet once more.

-"Continue Rengoku. We'll decide what to do after he's done." He said.

Rengoku nodded and then started explaining his story once more. As he was done, everyone started talking once more. Obanai and Sanemi cursing at Rengoku for sparing a demon, Muichiro asking what it was all about, Himejima crying and praying and Mitsuri squealing that "love is beautiful!" Shinobu and Tengen were the only quiet ones. Ubuyashiki let them express themselves for a few minutes before lifting his hand up, everyone quickly going back to silence.

-"Rengoku."
-"Y-Yes?"

Rengoku was scared that Ubuyashiki would maybe take back his rank and remove him from the hashiras or maybe even refuse his request of saving Akaza. He could hear his heart thumping hard in his chest as his palms were sweaty. He was scared for Akaza abd quickly chased his fears away : he needed to stay strong if he wanted to save the demon.

-"Do you really think Akaza is in danger?"
-"Yes." Answered Rengoku without any hesitation. "I wouldn't have asked for help otherwise."

Ubuyashiki thought for a minute.

-"Let's vote." He then proposed.

Quickly, everyone agreed.

-"Those who want to help Akaza, lift your hand up."

Rengoku's hand shot up, followed by Tengen and Shinobu. Then Mitsuri lifted hers, smiling softly at Rengoku who quietly thanked her. Lastly, to surprise everyone, both Ubuyashiki and Muichiro lifted their hands. Rengoku felt relieved. He could understand why the others didn't want to but he never was this thankful for his friends.

-"It is settled then. You will all go tomorrow. Prepare yourself."

Everyone nodded and quickly left. Rengoku stayed back for a bit, thanking Ubuyashiki before heading back home. There, Senjuro quickly went to him and hugged him. He then looked behind him and then up at his brother.

-"Brother... where is Akaza?"

Rengoku gently pat his brother's head.

-"He'll be back tomorrow." He said softly, hopeful.