Comfort

Akaza was surprised by the sudden hug but he sure didn't mind. Rengoku was holding him as if he was something precious, something that needed to be protected, with all the care in the world. Akaza hadn't felt that in so long. He instinctively clung to the hashira who simply watched the demon with a worried look. He immediately noticed how weaker he looked and the change of clothes. He then noticed something from the collar of the shirt and reached to pull it down gently, revealing a bite mark and lots of hickeys. The sudden movement of his shirt made Akaza flinch in the taller's arms, which quickly let go to go back to hugging him and rubbing his back.
-"What happened to him?" Quietly thought Rengoku, worried more then he let it show to the demon.
Rengoku knew he wouldn't get any specific answer on that day, seeing how the demon seemed to be shaken. Akaza was basically clinging to him tightly and obviously didn't plan to let go. Rengoku noticed the sky started changing colour. He carefully picked up the shaking demon giving and covering him with his cape. Akaza looked up at him confusedly, both surprised and fearing he would get hurt by the slayer.

-"Don't worry Akaza. I won't hurt you." Softly said Rengoku as he noticed how the smaller one looked scared.

Akaza hesitated but slowly nodded. After all, he had nothing to loose anymore. Douma had pretty much destroyed him mentally. He slowly leaned his head on the slayer's chest. He could only smell the slayer and, for some reason, it was appeasing. He liked the fiery slayer's smell and touch. Rengoku was being so gentle with him. Rengoku started heading back to his house, gently holding Akaza. Once the sun was too high, he put his cape over Akaza's head. Akaza had fallen asleep in his arms. He got to his house as fast as he could without waking the demon up. He headed to his room, avoiding his father as best as he could. He laid Akaza down on his bed and went to close his blinds carefully. Once no light could reach the demon, he gently took the cape off his face and watched his peaceful expression. Akaza was holding onto his cape as if it was a blanket and soon started to wrap himself in it and curled up on himself. The expression on his face was calm and relaxed, reminding Rengoku of a small child. The demon seemed so small and fragile like this, as if he would break down at any moment if Rengoku dared to ask what had happened to him. He knew Akaza got hurt. He could guess he went through something horrible but he couldn't guess exactly what. Maybe he simply didn't want to admit what he thought because of how horrible it would have been for the demon in front of him. The fact that a prideful demon like Akaza would end up trusting a hashira but also let himself look so weak in front of an enemy was a proof of how tired the pink haired male was and desperate for help. Rengoku always had a soft spot for cute and hurt creature and Akaza was no exception. He simply couldn't leave the demon alone when he so obviously called for help. It was morning now and Rengoku was tired too. He moved the blankets and put them over Akaza before getting in the bed too. He was cautious to leave enough space for the demon and not touch him too much so he wouldn't be uncomfortable. He then quickly drifted to sleep, believing the demon wouldn't hurt him while he was asleep.