The end

A whole year had passed since Douma died. Akaza had slowly got better and was now accepting the touch of anyone he considered close to him, which meant most hashiras and some of the demons (mostly Kokushibo and Gyutaro). Tamayo and Shinobu had managed to make a remedy with Muzan's help. Akaza had proposed to be the test. The change was painful but bearable. To make sure the remedy would work, they also tested it on Kokushibo. Muzan had changed Ubuyashiki into a demon to heal his illness and then both got changed back to humans. Once Muzan was back to human, all the others turned back too. Some little details reminded them of their demon appearance. For example, Akaza's hair and eyelashes stayed pink but all the stripes on his body vanished. Kokushibo still had the fiery pattern on his face and Muzan had his blood red eyes. There was a time of adaptation for everyone. Ex-demons and slayers built a village, secluded from the world where they could leave peacefully. Many couple appeared amongst all the people.

Obanai had confessed his love to Mitsuri, which obviously liked him back. A month later, he proposed. They got married two months later and opened a bakery together.

Tengen and his wives started a farm, raising animals and cultivating many different plants.

Surprisingly, Sanemi got with Giyuu. Giyuu started opening up and looking more cheerful. He managed to calm Sanemi down and both were living happily. Giyuu also managed to make the Shinazugawa brothers make up. They lived in a house with the Kamado siblings. Genya had gotten comfortable around Nezuko and the girl shipped both her brother and Genya.

Zenitsu was living with Tengen and Kaigaku was usually staying there too. They were mostly working on the farm and fighting but they were getting along as Zenitsu had quickly forgiven him.

Shinobu was still working on poisons and remedies for all kind of diseases. Aoi was living with her and Inosuke spent most of his time there to see that specific butterfly girl.

Himejima opened a kindergarten were Senjuro was usually helping him taking care of all the babies that appeared after the war was done.

Ubuyashiki became the mayor of the town, taking care of everyone.

Muzan was living in a house, gathering and sharing his knowledge as a teacher. He was living with Kokushibo, who had confessed to the old demon king. Muzan had refused at first, thinking he didn't deserve to be happy but he talked with Akaza, which he had gotten a lot closer as the younger male seemed to consider him like family. Akaza told him that he deserved to be happy and Muzan had to confess back to Kokushibo. Their relation was a bit awkward at first as Kokushibo only had a wife before but barely remembered anything about couple's life and Muzan didn't know anything since all he ever did was fake. But, together, they managed to figure it out. Both of them were teachers now with a few other demons and slayers.

Finally, for the two we are most interested in, they were living in their own house. Both were teachers too. Akaza was teaching martial arts while Rengoku was teaching history. Both lived happily. They were acting like an old married couple and everyone was wondering when Rengoku would actually propose to his lover. He was actually planning it. On Akaza's birthday, he took him to a beautiful bridge surrounded by blooming cherry blossoms. There, he got on one knee as Akaza was watching the water with a happy look.

-"Akaza love..." He said softly to get his attention.

The demon hummed and turned around, his eyes widening as he saw Rengoku on one knee, a small black box in his hands. Rengoku took a deep breath before talking.

-"Akaza, will you make me the happiest man on Earth and give me the honour of making you my husband?" He asked softly as he smiled and opened the small box.

Akaza covered his mouth with a shaking hand as he teared up. Rengoku had waited the whole year to ask Akaza. He wanted to make sure the pink haired male would feel safe and happy with him before doing this.

-"Of course Kyojuro." Finally said Akaza before wrapping his arms around the ex-slayer and sobbing.

Rengoku beamed with happiness and hugged the pink haired boy happily. He gently grabbed his hand and slid the ring on before kissing him.

-"I love you Kaza, and I swear I'll make you happy."
-"I know you will Kyojuro, I know you will because you already make me happy."

They kissed again, petals slowly falling down all around them as both felt as if their heart would explode from happiness. None of them wanted to break the kiss until they heard an happy squeal. They turned their heads only to see Senjuro and the Kamado siblings watching them. They started laughing as the kids quickly went to congratulate them. The wedding happened two months later. Everyone was invited and had a nice time. Even Sanemi wasn't as grumpy as he usually was on that day. Mitsuri and Obanai had made the cake, an impressive piece. They all lived happily since then, Rengoku, Akaza and Senjuro making a family. Shin juror was there too. He had stopped drinking and had taken his life in hands for his sons. He had left for a few months to get rid of his drinking habits and came back just in time for the wedding. At first, he was reticent about the wedding. He didn't like the fact his son was dating an ex-demon. He wasn't supposed to be there at the wedding but he made the surprise of being there. Rengoku was happy to see his father and Shinjuro saw just how much his son loved his now husband, which made him accept Akaza in the family. Akaza was happy. He really was. He felt like all this was a dream. Muzan was there with him to remind him it wasn't one whenever he doubted. Akaza didn't want to bother his lover with this so he would reach out for Muzan instead. Both were now like father and son and he was always there for the younger one, which Rengoku was incredibly thankful. He'd often invite Muzan and Kokushibo over just so they could spend time together. Everyone was happy and all the hearts were now at peace.