nineteen

So I got motivated to start writing, I'm not sure how long it'll last but yeah.. enjoy while It does

song; I'll be good

artist; jaymes young

"I thought I saw the devil, this morning, looking in the mirror, drop of rum on my tongue.."

suits // nineteen

- Jenna -

"Damn Jenna you are looking fierce today!" I stepped into our little cubicle and Jamie whistled. "OMG, he did not." I sat down, a confused look across my face. She picked up my feet and placed them on her lap. "New season louboutins? Seriously?" She stroked the bright red fabric around my feet and pretended to cry. "Do you know how long i've fawned over these shoes on the pages of vogue? I literally stared at them for hours hoping they'd turn up at my door."

"He's been buying me a lot of stuff lately, I don't feel good taking it." I pouted, raking through my bag to find Niall's files and a stapler. I opened the files one by one, clipping together all the pages of the separate files and sticking a label to the front of them all, Niall gave me a list of what to write on them all so I did as it said.

"So he's getting you to do his dirty work now?" She rolled her eyes, "At least he could get you at job at his firm, god knows it's better than working here." The thought dawned on me, I would mention it to him later. Maybe even mention about Jamie working there too, I don't think I'd get through the week without going insane If I didn't have Jamie beside me. We could hear Katherine's heels clipping against the stone flooring before we had even caught sight of her, and by the sound of her giggling, we could tell she was with a guy. A small part of me hoped it wasn't Niall, but as soon as I caught sight of his blonde hair I knew It was him making her giggle like that. I don't think she even knew about us. Jamie scoffed and carried back on with whatever she was typing on her computer before I had arrived.

"Oh Niall, you're a charmer. Perhaps dinner tonight, 8, my place?" She twirled a bit of her hair around her finger and smiled at him sweetly, or as sweet as Katherine could do it.

"I'm afraid I have plans tonight Katherine, maybe some other time." He handed her a large box he had in his hands, probably full of things from The Frank Baxter case before walking over to me. He placed his elbows on the desk, leaning over so his face was close to mine, "Plans tonight?" He whispered, winking. "Dinner reservation for 7 at Masa. I'll pick you up." He then stood up from the desk, fixed his suit and walked through the main entrance back onto the streets of Brooklyn, where no doubt a limo was sitting for him.

- Niall -

I made my way back to the firm where Katarina was patiently waiting outside my office, "Mr Niall I have the gentlemen lined up downstairs." I shot her a confused look. "You asked me to schedule interviews for a new assistant lawyer?"

"Oh yeah right, send them in one by one please. Thank you." I sat at my desk where she placed a bunch of files, I combed my fingers through my hair and rubbed my eyes.

"Mr Horan... I'm Thomas Davison." He looked nervous, he shook my hand but it was limp, I already knew he wasn't what I was looking for. I needed a smart, authoritative, confident, lawyer. I looked through his file, studied at Harvard, Im afraid thats the only good thing about him.

"I'll have my assistant give you a call within the next week." I looked back down and started looking through the next file.

"Mr Horan, James Kirkland." He shook my hand, his facial expression was hard and his hand shake was good.

"Where have you worked before? Any experience?" He was not great at eye contact.

"Not entirely, I'm straight out of university." I rolled my eyes discretely.

"I'll have my assistant call you within the next week. Goodbye Mr Kirkland."

I had been through around 20 different guys and not one of them seemed to fit my description. Katarina came in and told me that was all of them. I didn't feel safe leaving any of these men in charge of any of my clients. Not a single one. I had been looking through the files again for at least another half hour when a tall guy in a tight fitting suit knocked on my door, I gestured for him to come in.

"I'm sorry I'm late Mr Horan, I'm here to interview." I frowned at him, if it weren't for the fact all of the people I had already interviewed were absolutely shit I would've told him to leave.

I rolled my eyes and took his file from him, he shook my hand, his grip was firm and he seemed like he was doing good so far. "Name?"

"Liam Payne." He sat down in front of me, crossed his ankle over his knee and clasped his hands in his lap. He seemed cocky.

"Where'd you study?"

"Stanford." I shook my head.

"I'm afraid I only hire those who studied at Harvard, don't let the door hit you on the way out." I looked back down to the other files but he still hadn't left yet, he remained seated with a cocky smirk plastered across his face. "That was your queue to leave, Liam."

He leaned forward, elbows on my desk. "I know for a fact every single guy before me studied at Harvard and each and every one of them bored the shit out of you. Sure I studied at Stanford but I have a 34 case success streak, and some of those I was against lawyers who were top of their class at Harvard, Mr Horan, I don't mean to disrespect but maybe you should consider looking outside of your Harvard pond. God knows you're not going to find a lawyer like me in there." He winked, stood up and was about to leave when I stopped him.

"I'm going to let you know something Mr Payne. When I got here I dominated. They thought I worked 100 hours a day. Now, no matter what time I get in, nobody questions my ability to get the job done. Get it through your head, first impressions last. You start behind the eight ball you'll never get in front." He still hasn't turned around, his back was facing me.

"I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean, Mr Horan."

"You start tomorrow, be here 8am tomorrow morning or you're fired and I'll give the job to someone else." He nodded and straightened his suit before walking out.

I know this was really short but I haven't written in agessssss and I'm really bored so I decided why not, sorry if it's rubbish it's kinda been a while haha! I'm not sure I'm going to be writing all the time again just when I want to, this is a hobby not a job and I don't have to write it's my choice to. Anyway hope you enjoyed!