¹⁶

"Honey, you're home!" Yoon was greeted by a huge, warm from her mom, with her dad on the side as soon as she parked her car in the front yard and stepped out from the car. "How's work? We heard nothing from you for the past few weeks." Mr Ha said while snatching the dark purple luggage from Yoon's hand and brought it into the house.

"That's right, honey. We were so worried. Why didn't you call us?" Mrs Ha pulled away from the hug and looked at her one and only daughter with concern. "You mean, you were so worried. I told you to make a call but you refused." Mr Ha placed the luggage near the stairs then made his way to join the women in the living room. "Well, I was afraid that I might disturb her while she's working." Yoon watched as her mom shot a glare at her father's direction while Mr Ha just shrugged, looking unbothered.

"I was fine, mom, dad. I'm sorry for not updating anything to you. I had to cover one of my colleague's project because she'd an emergency." Yoon explained, purposely left out the fact the she was forced to cover the project. She leaned back on the sofa and sighed. She was in the middle of completing her project's report when out of the sudden her senior just barged into her office without knocking and put a stack of documents and a blank blueprint on her desk. "Hey, Yoon. I know that you're busy but I have an emergency so can you cover this project for me?" and without even waiting for the confused girl to answer, the said senior just walked away. Soon, Yoon found out from Mingyu (of course) that the senior had applied an emergency leave because she forgot her monthly spa routine. Please don't ask why she was approved, obviously she lied about her reasons and honestly Yoon couldn't care much. Her work just doubled and she had enough on her plate but what can a mere subordinate could do in this kind of situation?

Although, Mingyu has offered to help her but she refused, knowing the guy also had a lot of works in his hands as well. If it wasn't because of the sudden project, she was supposed to meet her not so beloved client, Mr Lee, the general manager. On the night before the meeting, Yoon left a lengthy message to the secretary instead of the said guy (because he's stressing her out), explaining her situation and gladly he was so understanding. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to feel relief or not because she didn't have to deal with his annoying attitude and so she thought, not until she received a call from him the very next morning and of course she left it on silent.

"Goodness, you look awful, my daughter. Your work must have been stressing you out." Mrs Ha caressed her daughters hair, lovingly. "Stand up, go to your room and take a rest. I will prepare dinner." She then dragged Yoon from the sofa, pushed her slightly to the stairs then disappeared into the kitchen. Yoon laughed at her mom's sudden behaviour. "Leave the luggage, I will bring it up to your room later. Just go and rest before your mom starts her nagging." Mr Ha peeked from his shoulder, shortly before he took the remote control and turned on the tv. "I heard you." Her mom shouted from the kitchen. "Love you, darling."

The girl chuckled then proceeded to ascent the stairs and walked straight into her room. The next thing she remembered, she was melting into her bed and her consciousness slowly drifted away.

 The next thing she remembered, she was melting into her bed and her consciousness slowly drifted away

"That brat Kim Younghoon deserves a beating." Hyunjae leaned forward and put his forehead on the steering wheel while groaning. He just had a board meeting at the HQ in Seoul and his beloved secretary ft. best friend casually left him a call that said, "Jae, my friend. Can you please pick up Hyerim from her school today? I urgently need to send the car for service. I think the engine is faulty because I keep hearing weird noises. Don't worry, I will treat you dinner! Thank you, my friend!" and here he was, in the car infront of Gyeonggi Arts High School.

He was just planning to drive straightaway to his house and call it a day. I'm so tired, I need my bed. He leaned back and turned on the radio for some music to soothe his boredom while waiting.

Fifteen minutes later, he glared outside and saw a few students were starting to walk out and parents were waiting for their children in front of the school gate. Hyunjae scanned the area, looking for a certain figure. Soon, he saw Hyerim walked out with her friend, Hyunjung (he wasn't sure). When the girl has neared his car, he honked and rolled down the window. Both girls were quite surprised but as soon as she saw his face, she dragged her friend towards the car and waved.

"Uncle Jae!" Hyunjae frowned. He had reminded the girl  numerous times to call him oppa but she refused because no reasons. "Are you here to pick me up?" she asked. She peeked inside his car, looking for someone. "Your brother is not here. He sent me to pick you up because he needs to service the car."

Hyerim nodded then turned to her friend. They exchanged goodbyes then she hopped into the passenger seat, buckling the seatbelt.

As he was about to drive away, Hyunjae spotted a known face, standing awkwardly infront of the school gate with a bicycle on his side. He drove near the boy and called for his attention. The boy peeked inside the car then smiled but when he saw the girl at the other side, he unknowingly blushed and turned away.

"Why are you standing here alone, Min?" Hyunjae asked, oblivious to the boy sudden nervousness. Min scratched his head and let out a soft chuckle. "My bicycle's chain is broken so I am thinking what to do."

Hyunjae peeked his head out and his eyes landed on the chain that had fallen out of place. "Come inside, I will give you a ride back home. Just leave the bicycle here and locked it." He offered. "Can I? I can still walk home" Min replied, reluctantly.

"Come on, Min. Uncle Jae is a nice person. You can trust him." Hyerim, who was watching the two silently suddenly spoke. Hyunjae put his hand on his chest and turned to Hyerim, who just ignored the dramatic male. Min finally nodded and locked his bicycle at a nearby bicycle racks then hurriedly sat at the back.

"Okay, everyone. Let's go home!"