¹²

"Here, have some, Hyunjae

"Here, have some, Hyunjae." Mrs Ha smiled sweetly at the said guy. Watching from across the small table, Yoon rolled her eyes, cringing at the sight.

After they had their dinner, the family and Hyunjae moved to the living room for desserts.

She sighed. "For how much longer will you be here? Shouldn't you be heading home by now?" Mrs Ha hissed at her comment and slightly hit Yoon's shoulder. "Mom? Why did you hit me?" Yoon pouted while caressing her shoulder.

"How can you say that to my guest. I don't know what happened between you both but please.... Yoon, don't mix personal and business problems in my house." Yoon sulked and sent a brief death glare at the laughing Hyunjae.

"It's okay, Mrs Ha. I'm not offended at all. I know that she's just joking. She always do that." Hyunjae kindly explained while reaching for a fork. He stabbed a freshly cut apple before shoving it into his mouth.

"Oh, please. Don't call me Mrs Ha. It sounds old." She giggled, both hands covering her mouth. At first glance, Mrs Ha resembled a high school girl who laughed over her crush's lame jokes. Yoon internally frowned. What's gotten into my mom? Do he did something to her? That jerk..

Scanning all the people in the living room, Hyunjae awkwardly asked, "Then, what should I address you as? Noona?" Mrs Ha loudly laughed at his joke. Yeah, she's the only one.

Mr Ha, who silently chewing an apple could already predict the answer that would come out from his wife. He lightly chuckled at the thought. With an excited eyes, Mrs Ha clapped her hands. "You can call me Mom." Then she laughed once again.

"Mom!" Yoon scolded her mom. "What? I can't do that? Why?"

"Yes, you cannot."

"Say's who?"

"Me."

"Who are you?"

Yoon gasped loudly. "Mom, seriously? I'm your one and only daughter!"

Putting his fork, Mr Ha stood up from his seat. "Stop fighting. Don't you feel embarrassed in front of our guest? Look how uncomfortable he is now." He pointed his hand to Hyunjae's direction.
Flustered as the attention turned on him, he quickly waved his right hand, laughing nervously. "No, no! Don't mind me. I'm okay"

"I don't mind though." Min's voice interrupted.

"Don't mind what?" Yoon asked. She adjusted her sitting posture and looked up at her brother.

"I don't mind having Hyunjae hyung as my brother in-law. He's cool" Hyunjae almost sprayed out his tea but luckily he could control it in time. Coughing, he accidentally locked eyes with Yoon.

Yoon rolled her eyes. "Min! You..." She looked around her, searching for something. Soon, she found a cushion on left side, she threw it at him. "Don't speak nonsense, you little kid! You just met him once and what? Brother in-law? You're crazy?"