•••PROTECTION•••

What it meant to

What it meant to

me will eventually

Be a memory of a time

when I tried so hard

••••••

••••••

"I've had to fight our kind before. They're not easy to kill." Jasper tells Emmett as we enter the garage.

"But not impossible." Emmett retorts while pulling open one of the cabinet doors revealing our extra belongings for emergencies only.

"We'll tear them apart and burn the pieces." He smirks manically while grabbing our bags.

"I don't relish the thought about killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle pipes up while counting our secret money stash.

"What if he kills one of us first?" I ask and climb on the table leaning on the wall behind, with Rosalie joining me and holding onto the rail.

"That won't happen." Rosalie shakes her head and wraps her other arm around my shoulder gently squeezing it in a reassuring manner.

"I'm gonna run Bella south. Can you lead the tracker away from here?" Edward asks Carlisle who immediately whips his head around at his eldest son.

"No, Edward," he shakes his head in disagreement. "James knows you would never leave Bella. He'll follow you."

"I'll go with Bella." Alice volunteers, causing me to face my elder sister who wore a calm expression. "Jasper and I will drive her south."

Edward seemed contemplated with this decision and it seemed like the best choice we had in order to keep Bella safe.

"I'll keep her safe, Edward." She adds.

"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself." He says in annoyance

"Yes." She sighed in irritation while gently pulling Bella towards her car, Jasper following the two.