PART 38

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ - moments and descriptions of death, injury or both.

Enjoy this chapter, it was written with a lot of emotion, I did cry a few times 😩

OMNISCIENT
WEST PALM BEACH, LOS ANGELES

"Is she out of surgery?" Sinai rushed up to her family out of breath. "I was on call and I-I missed all your calls, where is she?"

"She's still in there," Malia said not looking at her,

"What did they say happened?" Sinai huffed. "She fell down the stairs, how can she pass out like that?"

"Complications with the baby or something like that, I wasn't listening," Malia whispered.

Sinai bit her lip in anger. "Where is he?" She said dropping her purse.

"Nai don't go up there bothering him," Malia responded.

"Bothering him?" Sinai repeated angrily. She stormed past the rest of them and went straight to Dave.

"Tell me right now what is wrong with my mom?" She said to him,

"Sinai —"

"Answer my fucking question," Sinai shouted at him. "I told you she couldn't do it, I warned you," She screamed.

"I never forced her into another baby," Dave defended in a low tone.

"You know she would kill herself to make you happy, to do anything for you," She shouted. "If she dies, I will never, ever forgive you,"

"Nai," Kareem said from behind her,

"No Kareem shut the fuck up," Sinai screamed. "You do not understand this is my mother," Her voice broke.

"And I told him, I told him she couldn't do it," She started to sob.

"I'm sorry," Dave mumbled walking away,

"Come here stop crying," Kareem took her in his arms, rocking her from side to side.

"I'll go and check on him," Mazi sniffed standing up. She followed Dave out of the hospital, seeing him sat on a bench.

"Maz, I ain't really in the mood to fight, I just wanted to be out here on my own," Dave said as she approached him,

"I wanted to be on my own too, we can do that together," She sat down beside him.

Dave didn't speak, he continued to sit in silence, watching the world go by.

"It's funny, people are walking by, going about their business and my world is falling apart," Mazi said quietly,

"I'm praying that she gets better but I don't think she will daddy and I'm scared," She admitted in tears,

"Me too," Dave replied blinking away his own tears. "Sinai thinks that I don't know this is my fault, I know that,"

"It's not your fault," Mazi told him,

"No it is," Dave responded. "I should have known, I should have listened to her, she told me so many times and I told her we could,"