PART 9

I'M BACKKKKKK 🤪

6 YEARS BEFORE ...
OMNISCIENT
HIDDEN HILLS, LOS ANGELES

"Amir stop," Naala cried standing by the door, "Just stop it," She screamed.

Sinai stood by the door listening to her mom scream and shout, thinking when she should go in the room.

The sound of things breaking and smashing over took Naala's voice.

"I have to go in," Sinai turned to Malia who was stood teary eyed.

"He said to wait," Malia said not looking away from the door.

"He's going to kill her Malia." Sinai said tearfully,

Malia closed her eyes, covering her ears.

"No this isn't the time for that Phat, please don't shut down," Sinai said touching her shoulder only for Malia to move away.

Sinai heard her mom crying again so she focused on the door.

"Daddy open the door," She banged on it,

The door flew open and Dave stormed past her, the smell of liquor following behind him.

"Mama," Sinai rushed to her side, helping her up.

"He's a monster," Naala sobbed loudly into Sinai's chest,

"Did he hurt you?" Sinai said quietly, looking around the room.

"No," Naala sniffed. "He didn't touch me," She added.

Sinai checked her mom's body for any marks before she got her back into bed.

"I'll clean this up mom, you just rest," Sinai sighed leaning down to pick up the broken glass.

"Where's my baby?" Naala shut her eyes,

"She's fine mom, Mazi has her," Sinai responded, being careful not to cut herself on the glass.

Sinai paused when she saw he had wrecked the new crib he had only just put together.

"It's not my fault I lost the baby, is it?" Naala peeped quietly,

"You couldn't have done anything to change what happened Ma," Sinai sat at the edge of the bed.

"So why do I feel like this?" Naala cried. "Why does he blame me for losing them?"

"I don't know," Sinai rubbed her arm,

"It's not fair Sinai, I want my babies back," Naala said in tears,

"Daddy shouldn't be treating you like this," Sinai cleared her throat. "I can get you out of here, if that's what you want,"

"I can't leave him," Naala said softly,

"You just lost a baby ma, he's killing you," Sinai almost begged,

Naala shut her eyes to shut Sinai out, drowning out her voice.

"I know you don't want to hear it, I know this it's scary, he's all you've ever known," Sinai continued. "But you're my mom and I can't watch him kill you like this,"