PART 28

Not proof read but I think it should be fine, if not, I'm an illiterate queen 🫶🏾

OMNISCIENT
SILICON VALLEY, LOS ANGELES

"One more push baby, just one more," Dave muttered in Naala's ear, wiping her forehead.

"But she's dead," Naala wailed holding onto him. "There's no point Amir, there's no point,"

"She still gotta come out," He said lowly, leaning down to her.

"One more push," The doctor coached,

Naala pushed with all her strength, grabbing Dave's arm.

"I'm done, I'm done," She breathed heavily laying back down.

Dave kissed her head repeatedly, looking down between her legs.

"She's beautiful but Naala we need you to push her whole body out, it's just her face right now," The doctor said rubbing her leg,

"I can't," Naala shook her head,

"You can, I know you can," Dave said to her. "For me baby, come on," He added.

Naala cried out in pain as she pushed, the baby sliding right out of her.

"See you did it," He said with a smile. "You did it La, that's our baby girl,"

The doctors silently took the baby, working on her.

"Is she gone?" Naala sniffed looking to Dave,

"You're okay," He said rubbing her hand. "We knew she wasn't okay before we came here, we knew that,"

Naala cried harder reaching for him. Dave kissed her hand, his own eyes watering.

"Time of death, 03:47," The doctor muttered with a sigh,

"It's okay," Dave said to Naala, as she screamed and cried.

"Do you want to hold her?" A nurse asked them gently,

"Yes please," Dave sniffed wiping his eyes. When they placed his daughter in his arms, everything made sense.

"Hey pretty girl," He said rocking her, "You just couldn't wait to meet your brothers," He stroked her hair.

"La you want to —" Naala had turned away from them, her sobs still evident.

"Your mom can't speak right now but I know she wants to say so much," He said softly. "She loves you, we both love you,"

Dave got choked up, clearing his throat. "I know you're gonna watch over us, you're gonna protect all your sisters and brothers,"

"Daddy loves you so much," Dave sighed kissing her soft skin. Her body was still warm; she wasn't all the way gone to him.

He stayed with her until Naala turned back to him.

"Why us?" She muttered softly, sniffing,

"God doesn't do things for no reason, it's in His plan," Dave told her. "Why don't you hold her? Before they take her away,"