PART 16

enjoy my loves 🫶🏾 if you haven't read the chapter of my new book, go do that or I'm gonna be mad 😡

OMNISCIENT
SILICON VALLEY, LOS ANGELES

"Alaiya can I have a quick word?" Brielle said stopping Alaiya before she could leave the classroom.

"Yes ma'am," Alaiya stopped in her tracks, looking up at her class teacher.

"You've been falling asleep in my class," Brielle said softly. "Is everything okay at home?"

Alaiya thought about her home and shuddered. She stayed up most nights not because she wanted to but because she couldn't sleep.

"I've been rehearsing for the show, that's all," Alaiya said which wasn't a complete lie.

"The show?" Brielle repeated. "Is your mom out there? I just want to speak to her,"

"Probably," Alaiya mumbled with a sigh. She didn't want to overwhelm her mom and she knew that was exactly what Brielle would do.

They walked out to the pick up line together and sure enough, Naala was biting her lip waiting for Alaiya.

"Hey mom," Alaiya hugged her waist tightly.

"Hi angel," Naala leaned down to kiss her head. "Did you have a good day? Are you hungry? I feel for a milkshake,"

"Are you okay mommy?" Alaiya looked up at her,

"I'm perfect, even better now that I've seen my angel," Naala gushed,

"Ms Stevens wants to talk to you," Alaiya said pointing to Brielle across the road.

Naala's lip curved in annoyance, "About what?" She sucked her teeth. Brielle began to make her way over to them, with a pleasant smile.

"Hello Naala, nice to see you," Brielle smiled,

"Can't say the same, what's the problem?" Naala asked with her hands on Alaiya's shoulders.

"Alaiya has been falling asleep in my class," Brielle mentioned,

"That's my fault, I keep her up all night practicing those lines, don't I baby?" Naala squeezed her shoulders,

"Told you Ms, it's for the show," Alaiya said with a nod, surprised her mom agreed.

"So can we leave now?" Naala tilted her head. "I have a breastfeeding baby and he's hungry,"

"Go ahead, I'll see you tomorrow Alaiya," Brielle looked at Naala strangely before she stepped back.

Alaiya climbed into the passenger seat and waited for her mom to pull off.

"Fucking bitch," Naala cursed slamming her door. "Because she fucked my husband she thinks she can tell me how to parent my fucking children,"

Alaiya had never heard her mom cuss that much in front of her.

"With her fucked up, ugly ass bob," Naala continued in anger, pulling off fast.