20: Antidotes and Healing

I was awoken by a sudden jolt through my frame, my optics snapping open and a yelp escaping me.

"Whoa, whoa, easy there!" Ratchet said.

"W-what happened?" I asked, my helm pounding.

"I had to jumpstart your systems. You were crashing." I looked over to him with a furrowed ridge. "But I have your antidote, Optimus was able to retrieve it."

"H-he's alive?" I asked.

"Yes, thanks to Smokescreen. They are out at the moment scavenging the old base."

"Where's Bee?"

"I'm here, Y/D." I heard him beep, my helm turning to him sitting to the side. He stood and made his way over to me, my servo wrapped in his. "You scared me..."

"I'm sorry, Honeybee." I said meekly.

"He hasn't left your side since you arrived." Ratchet said, carrying an injection device with some sort of pink liquid inside. "Bumblebee, if you could help me roll him onto his side, I can give him the antidote." Bumblebee nodded and gently pushed me, so I was on my side.

"Why here?" Bumblebee asked.

"The poison is a neurotoxin. According to Shockwave's notes, it was meant to make a bot docile without the need for Shadowplay." Ratchet said. "I need to inject the antidote into his spinal strut in order to flush it out." I felt a sharp pain as the device penetrated my spinal strut, my optics wide, and my denta clenched so hard I thought they would shatter. I felt a burning sensation run through my system, and a massive wave of relief followed.

"Sweet Solus Prime that feels better." I said, a soft sigh leaving me.

"This will take some time. You had a pretty high dose, and I may have to do this a few more times before you are fully cleared of the toxin." Ratchet said. "In the meantime, no intense activity such as combat or training." I slowly rolled back over, and with Bumblebee's help, I was able to sit up. I tried to stand, but Ratchet shot me a glare.

"I need to stand up." I said firmly, straightening myself up and stretching. Satisfying pops rippled from my joints as I did so. "Frag, that's better."

"Dammit, Y/D, you really are as stubborn as a Dinobot." Ratchet snorted in grumpy amusement.

"Oh, for Primus's sake, I'm not that bad." I chuckled. I saw a ground bridge open and out came Optimus followed by the other Autobots. I was quite surprised at the sudden height and frame difference the Prime had. We were now the same height and it was quite interesting. Optimus looked over to me and gave me a small smile.

"Y/D, I am glad to see you awake." He said.

"I... should thank you. Or rather, say that we are even." I said, walking up to Optimus. "But I have to ask, what happened out there?"

Optimus then told me of what happened to him, how Smokescreen had stolen the Forge of Solus, and how he and Ultra Magnus managed to find my antidote.

"So my sire escaped Darkmount?" I asked, my brow furrowed.

"Yes, Megatron is still very much a threat." Optimus said.

"I wish he would just stop." I whispered, looking to the floor. "He's done nothing but hurt me, hurt everyone! I just... I don't even know what to do now." I tried to fight the tears threatening to leave my optics. "I'm tired of it..." Optimus gave a small apologetic look.

"We all are tired of Megatron's warmongering soldier." Magnus said. Something about the way he said it made me snap.

"With all due respect, SIR, you don't understand scrap. This isn't just about war!" I felt my spark race and my frame shake. "I lost my sire to madness. The moment he drove the shard of Dark Energon into my spark was when everything I've ever known had changed. I just want him to stop hurting me!" I felt my spark pound, my vents ragged as a terror attack threatened to bloom.

"Do not speak to me like that!" Magnus barked. I felt the panic rise, Optimus and Bumblebee recognizing the symptoms.

"Ultra Magnus, Bulkhead, Arcee, Smokescreen, Wheeljack, want you all to go elsewhere." Optimus said sternly.

"Sir?" Magnus asked.

"I need to speak to Y/D." The others dispersed elsewhere in the new base, and I completely broke, my vents rapid. Optimus caught me, and Bumblebee ran over.

"Y/D, look at me." Optimus said, my vents hitching as I complied. "Have you had this before?" I nodded, Bumblebee pulling to his chassis and my helm resting against his spark. I felt like I was paralyzed and couldn't move.

"He's having another attack?" Ratchet asked. Optimus nodded, an empathetic look on his face.

"Y/D, slow your vents. Then, count 5 things you can see, 4 things you can hear, and 3 things you can feel. Can you do that?" Optimus said. "This will help ground you. Start with the slow vents."

"I-I can't!" I cried, the attack worsening the harder I tried to fight it.

"Yes, you can. Slow vents. Even if they are small." I took in slow but shallow vents. Progressively, they got deeper. "Now list me 5 things you can see right now."

--------------------------
After I had completed the exercise Optimus had guided me through, I found myself slumped in Bumblebee's arms.

"This is so fragging embarrassing..." I muttered.

"No, it is understandable." Optimus said. "You made it through, and that's all that matters." He then stood up, both him and Bumblebee helping me up. "Do not feel ashamed for this. I will have a word with Ultra Magnus on his temperment towards you." Optimus then left, and I let out a quiet sigh.

"Stupid..." I muttered.

------------------
Since the incident, Magnus made sure to watch what he said. I tolerated it, but it was quite annoying and honestly felt a bit patronizing. He went from speaking to me like I was an adult to treating me like some fragile thing. Bumblebee sensed the agitation and sent a wave of love over our bond.

'He's trying Y/D, some mechs don't understand this sort of thing.' He said through the bond.

'I know, but I'm not made of glass for Primus sake.' Bumblebee then wrapped his arms around me from behind. I smiled at his adorable act, a sigh of relaxation leaving me.

"Time heals all wounds. Just know I'm here every step of the way." He buzzed.

"Not like I have a choice." I teased.

"Ouch!" Bumblebee laughed.

-----------
A/N the trick that Optimus showed in this part is a real life grounding tip that I use quite frequently. It really helps, and I hope it helps someone else too.