6: Sick Mind and Twisted Delusions

A/N: I don't remember exactly how the episode went, but this is my version of it because I'm not a benevolent God, and I like to cause mayhem. >:3

----------------------------

Optimus was infected with Cybonic Plague, and it was all my fault. I had told him about the ship that I had discovered while messing with the scanners, I should have never let him and Ratchet explore it alone! Now, here he was, slowly dying to my worst creation.

"This is all my fault." I said, my ridges furrowed.

"It's not your fault, Y/D." Ratchet tried to convince me.

"No, you're wrong! This IS my fault! I was the one who engineered the virus! I lead you to the plague ship!"

"You created the plague?!" Bulkhead exclaimed.

"I did, but only because I wanted to create a cure for it. It shares similar characteristics to multiple diseases that once inflicted Cybertron. Sire thought it would have made a better weapon than a better form of medicine."

"Do you have the cure?" Ratchet asked, and I shook my helm.

"Sire didn't want me to complete it, said it was 'not something a Prince should bother with.'" I said, pinching the area between my optics in frustration.

"If Megatron weaponized it, wouldn't he have the cure? Ya know, in case he got himself sick?" Raphael said.

"Only one way to find out, we gotta break into the Nemesis and find the cure." I grimaced. "There's only one place I know he would keep it, and I don't want any of you going there."

"Where is it?" Bumblbee beeped.

"In his head." I said, tapping my helm. "I have an idea, but it's a crazy one."

"Uh oh. It's not another extravagant plan." Miko said. I snorted in amusement at her.

"The vehicons respect me to a degree, especially 5t3v3 and G4ry. If I can get in touch with those two, they can help us infiltrate the Nemesis."

"We don't even know if Megatron is alive." Arcee said.

"They would still have his body. The Decepticons are almost fanatical about my sire. Well, except Starscream, but I don't blame him with how often Megatron tosses him about." I said. "If he's offline or even in stasis, we can do something rather... taboo."

"You're not thinking -" Ratchet started to say before I nodded.

"A cortical psychic patch."

"You saying you're going to enter Megatrons head?! Are you insane?!" Bulkhead exclaimed.

"Look, this is my mess! It's my fault! My creation! I have to take responsibility for this!" I snapped defensivly. "I don't want any of you going into his helm."

"Y/D, you are taking a massive risk here." Ratchet said.

"Prime took a risk for me, now I'm going to return the favor. That would make us even."

"I'm going with you." Bumblebee whirred. "I'm not gonna let you do this alone."

"There's no convincing you otherwise is there?" I sighed.

"Nope."

-------------------------------
Getting on the Nemesis was fairly easy thanks to my vehicon comrades, and now we were here, back in the place I once called home.

"Keep close to me, Bee." I whispered, the pair of us darting from hiding spot to hiding spot. "If I'm right, they would keep his frame in the med bay."

"If nlt?" Bumblebee quietly chirped.