18. Thinking about you

( Don't be a silent reader pls :D )

Me and Dave landed safely in LA six hours later.

Greeted by paparazzi and fans we made our way through the LAX airport. They were even more persistent than before, asking us if we were together and some other things about the MET gala.

I had decided not to tell Dave about my phone call with James and the appointment I made tomorrow. I think it would be best to tell him after I had explained James.

For now I just wanted Dave to be his careless self. I was going to break the news to James and then I would tell Dave, so he wouldn't have to worry about how to tell his brother.

We both went our separate ways after we had lunch in a fancy dinner. There were no people staring at us or asking us for a photo, so we could relax and talk freely without someone listening to our conversation. Unfortunately we both had to work again, so after lunch we both went home.

I drove into the private parking lot and made my way upstairs with my heavy luggage. I sighed if relief when the elevator came into my sight.

I grumbled when I thought about all the work I needed to do as soon as I came home, and I couldn't postpone it. That would only mean working even more on the following days.

Normally I wouldn't mind, but now I begin to notice how much I've changed since I met Dave and James. Before, I found my job the most important thing. Don't get me wrong, I still find it very important, but my friends and especially Dave and James are of more importance to me now.

As I unpacked most of my clothes I made a nice cappuccino for myself. I groaned in pleasure when the soft aroma melted on my tongue. It was so much better then the watery coffee on the plane and in most cafes I had visited in New York.

Lately I had been working a lot at home and not much at the office, so I needed to arrange a meeting soon to talk about what had been going on with the finances and trends lately. Of course knew the headlines and knew about a trend as soon as it started, but I didn't look into the details. That's what I had Maya, Eric and Alicia for.

I wondered if they could still manage to do everything with the three of them or if we needed to start hiring new assistants. That was always the tricky part, since I needed my personnel to be just as perfectionistic and hard working as I am.

I placed myself on the comfortable sofa in my living room and grabbed my laptop.

I opened safari and typed in 'Cherece Ford Met gala 2015' and immediately a ton of pictures appeared on my screen. I scrolled through a few different pictures.

I found myself admiring different woman and even myself. Most celebrities looked stunning and perfect, and with my make up and hairdo I did too. Maya had surely arranged a very good hairdresser and make up artist. How weird that in real life you can look so much different. I looked happy and was surrounded by beautiful people. Even though I had been slightly tired after posing for such a long time, I was happy it wasn't very noticeable on the pictures.

My heart skipped a beat when I suddenly saw a cute picture of me and Dave smiling and looking in each others eyes. I think this picture was taken after I asked him if we could go inside, away from the flashing camera's.

My smile faltered slightly when I clicked on the photo and saw the comments some people placed under it. Luckily most were positive, but there were always people talking about how shitty you looked and I just needed to ignore those completely. I had to deal with these comments before, but never had I been fully oblivious to them.

I downloaded the cute picture of me and Dave on my phone and posted it on Instagram.

I quickly made a screenshot of my Instagram and messaged Dave.