14. Sleep masks and flights

A/N, I quickly want to say that I know not all details are right about the gala because it's in NY and James is in NY too, but I just wan to clear up that he can't go because he's too busy filmindustrie a new movie. Cher receives the invitation on paper a few days beforehand, but she already knew she was invited. She just didn't give it much thought, because of all the drama going on with Dave and James

~*~

I was so embarrassed.

So immensely embarrassed.

Luckily no one knew I forgot about the world famous Met gala. All those years before I had always been so excited and this year the only thing I could think about was the drama going on in my life.

I thought about the beautiful dress which was laid out for me in New York. It was a Zuhair Murad gown which fitted me perfectly, even if I say so myself.

I was sure Dave had already received the invitation too, so I immediately called him, without thinking about the fact that I was practically asking him to be my date to the Met gala.

It was around lunchtime, so hopefully Dave wasn't working right now and would pick up the phone.

I dialed his number and called. I was so excited to do something like this with Dave, if he wants to of course.

"Hey Cher. What's up?" Dave greeted me cheerfully.

"Hi Dave, do you have a minute?" I asked, getting right to the point.

"Yup, I'm on a short lunch break." He said to my relief.

"Well, I know it's on short notice and all, but you're invited to the Met gala too right?" I asked hopeful.

"Uhm yeah?"

"Look, I'm invited to as it's a fashion event." I chuckled nervously. "Anyway, I thought that maybe, if you want to, we could go there together? You know the gala. To New York." I said a bit nervously. Normally a guy would ask a girl for these kind of things, so I was a bit nervous. Okay. Really nervous. What if he would turn me down.

I would have to go alone. I mean, I know a lot of other vogue and fashion people there, but still.

Dave laughed, which only made me more nervous. "Are you nervous?" He grinned.

I hate this guy. Why was I asking him again?

"No." I said a bit too quickly, making him chuckle again. I felt my cheeks flame red. Thank God he couldn't see me right now. I probably looked like a tomato.

Dave chuckled. "I'd love to escort you to the Met gala Cher." He said with some posh accent, which made me laugh and I immediately felt more comfortable.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. I suppressed the squeal threatening to come out of my mouth, but still did a little happy dance. "Cool." I finally said, trying to sound normal.

"My break is almost over, so I have to go, but I'll arrange everything later with my PA." Dave sounded happy which made me smile.

When he hang up I squealed. This was my first Met gala I was going to with a date and my my date was going to be Dave!

I walked to my closet and pulled out a suitcase.

This was going to be the best week ever!

~*~

"Dave! Can we have a picture with you?" I heard a woman shout at the handsome man next to me.

The downside of making your way through a public airport was the amount of people who recognized you when you're famous. Unfortunately we had to ignore a lot of fans wanting a selfie with Dave and sometimes even me.