𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓

☀︎

☀︎

"She's not even awake and eating, we need to get her with Bella as soon as possible." Jacob complained as he walked in with Sam into the diner that the girl was sleeping in, resting her eyes for just a few moments.

"Quit being an ass, Jake." Paul bumped past him as he went to go wake up Ivanna.

Ivanna groaned as she was interrupted from her slumber, all she seen was Paul's face and then she turned to look towards her side to see Sam not there anymore. 

"Where's Sam?" She sat up quickly, worried that he went off to do something.

"I'm right here." He sat by her, intertwining his hand with hers to bring her comfort. "How are you feeling?" He pressed the back of his other hand to her forehead to feel her temperature, she didn't have a fever.

"Just cold." She curled up into his side to try and get some of his warmth. It was as if the vampire affects were already taking over her body. She was cold, couldn't eat and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't sleep. Her eyes would become heavy but she was never able to doze off.

"I brought extra blankets and a few thermal packs to keep you warm in the tent." Sam caressed her face softly, feeling upset that he had to leave her all alone when she was at her worst moments.

"Alice said it's going to be snowy up in the mountains, I don't think that's going to help." Jake had his arms crossed over his chest as he side eyed them.

"Aren't you supposed to be following after Bella or something?" Paul asked, stepping in front of the couple protectively.

"Yo, Jake! You ready man?" Embry came in through the diner doors, the bell chiming overhead.

Jacob looked over at Sam and then glanced at Ivanna before leaving. The girl was confused at the gesture, looking up towards Sam for an explanation.

"Jacob and Embry are taking you and Bella up the mountains. It'll help cover up your scent and Bella's if they do it that way instead."

"What? Why can't you take me?" Ivanna didn't want to leave Sam, especially at a moment like today.

"We don't know who's behind all of this and if it's the Volturi, Alec, they'll know I'd never bring you to a fight. That's why you have to have your scent covered with Embry and Jake's, if they catch my scent going up the mountains then they'll immediately track you down."

Ivanna nodded her head in understanding, she knew that if there was even the slimmest chance that they would be able to tell if she was there in the mountains, they would use that as their opportunity to change her.