𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐

☀︎

☀︎

Ivanna woke up to the smell of breakfast, a small smile graced her lips as she opened her eyes and stretched her arms over her head. She then looked over to see Sam, but he wasn't there, his side of the bed was empty as if he never came home.

She threw the blankets off of her and rushed in the kitchen to see everybody crowded in there. The whole pack was there and there were still people outside, not wanting to crowd the house too much.

"Happy Birthday!" They all cheered when they see Ivanna walk into the room. There was a stack of pancakes on the middle of the table with a few gifts wrapped up. Her birthday wasn't until tomorrow, but under the circumstances and what was predicted, they thought it would be the best idea to celebrate early.

Ivanna was stunned to see them all, after everything that was happening, she didn't even expect there to be a party, "Wow!" Her smile was huge as she felt in awe, "Thank you guys." She started to pull people into hugs, not caring about how she looked since she was still in her sleep clothes which consisted of Sam's t-shirt and a pair of sweats.

She then found Sam finishing up with the cooking, he walked up to her, wrapping his arms around her as he pulled her into him, "Happy Birthday, Ives." He kissed her delicately, before placing a kiss to the side of her head, "Here, I got you something." He grabbed a large jewelry box and handed it to her, excited to see her reaction.

She smiled as she opened it, revealing a pair of beautiful beaded fringe earrings that consisted of the color's orange, yellow, and red, representing a sunset and there was even a bracelet to match.

"You remembered my favorite colors?" Ivanna looked up at him, tears glistening in her eyes at the small gesture.

"Ivanna, don't cry," he laughed as he moved his hand towards her face to wipe away the tear that fell, "And of course, It's practically all you like to wear."

"I'm sorry, I'm just so happy. After everything that's going on, it's nice to just feel a sense of normalcy." She smiled as she sat the box down onto the counter and wrapped her arms around him, "I love it Sam, so much. Thank you."

"Embry's mom made them, she owns her own small business here on the rez and she came up with the design, I just gave her inspiration on what to make." He told her, kissing the top of her head.

"Well, it's amazing." She pulled away from him as she picked up the box, taking the earrings out to put them in her ears, grabbing the bracelet next, "Help me put it on?" She held out her arm towards him and he took the jewelry in his hand, placing it onto her wrist and clasping it shut. "Perfect."