𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

➶

Ivanna walked into the small store that resided on the rez, the bell chiming as the door closed behind her. She left the service early, feeling as if it was her fault that made Leah even more upset on the day she was saying goodbye to her father.

"Sweetie, what are you doing here?" Ms. Nova came out from the back of the store with a few things in her hands to stock the shelves.

Ivanna gave her a smile as she went over to help her, taking the stuff from her hands so she didn't have to do it, "I came to take over your shift, it's not right that you don't get to say your goodbyes to Harry because you're working so hard."

Ms. Nova's bottom lip started to tremble, her eyes watering behind her glasses as she wrapped Ivanna in a hug, "Thank you, dear. I could've closed shop up for the day, but it was just so hard to see him be laid to rest. You were my sign for me to get on over there."

"Of course, now go, I'll stay the rest of the night and close up the shop for you." Ivanna smiled once more, watching the older lady grab her things in a hurry and basically run out of the store so she could go be with family and pay her respects.

Ivanna went to the back of the store to clock in, getting ready for the ten hours ahead of her since Ms. Nova doesn't close until eleven p.m. She decided that if she was going to be the only grocery store around here then she would stay open later than usual, just in case people forgot something after they got off work or they needed a last-minute thing.

Ivanna swept and mopped the floors, stocked the shelves and cleaned up behind the counter while waiting for the hours to pass by. Only a few people came in and knew what they needed, so she didn't really have to help much unless it was to go check the back if a customer needed something that was out of stock. During those hours she never heard from Sam or anyone else. She even tried to get a hold of Bella, but it was a short call with her saying she was going to Italy to save Edward, whatever that meant. Bella was going to do what Bella wanted to do, nobody could talk her out of anything, so Ivanna didn't even bother.

She was about to close up the store, looking in the back for the keys as she heard the bell jingle once more signaling a customer came in, "I'm fixing to close the store, let me know if you need any help!" She called out to them, hoping they heard her.

"Oh, this won't take long."

Ivanna froze in her place at the malicious voice, shivers going down at her spine as she felt she was being watched by a dark entity. She shakily stood up straight, from leaning over and looking through drawers, while turning around to face the person behind her.

"Cute dress, special occasion?" The red-haired woman taunted with an arrogant smile. Victoria stood there, dressed in all red. Ivanna looked her up and down, being disgusted at how someone could show such disrespect and mock a death as if it was nothing, but to Victoria, that's exactly what it was for her. Nothing.