𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

➶

Ivanna sat down at the small kitchen table, waiting for Bella to come home. To distract herself from the long wait her mind went back to Sam. She felt drawn to him, as if he was the other part to make her feel complete. She couldn't wrap her mind around how nice he was to her either, compared to what Embry would say she expected him to be nothing less than rude, but he was far from it.

She also didn't fail to admire his features and how they shown out, making him look striking. His tanned skinned in the town of Forks was shocking considering the sun barely ever shines, his muscles that bulged through his shirt and the way he stood tall as if he was in charge of everyone. She liked it, a lot.

The door barged open and in came Bella, walking to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Ivanna watched as she grabbed a cup and placed it under the faucet, she grabbed another cookie out of the bag, turning it in her hands as she thought what to say.

"So, you and Jake dating now?" Is the first thing Ivanna could think of.

"Oh my god." Bella jumped with a scare, breathing out as she held a hand to her chest, trying to gain her composure back. "Why do you have the lights off? Weirdo." She switched the lights on in the kitchen and went to sit across from her cousin.

"You literally walked in here and didn't turn on the light, I guess that makes two of us." Ivanna smiled, taking her glass of water before Bella could even take a drink.

"Yeah, because I got that for you." Bella mumbled to herself as she got back up to pour another glass.

"Well?" Ivanna questioned.

"Well, what?" Bella looked at her confused as she walked back over with her new cup.

"How'd it go with Jake? You two a thing now?"

Bella choked on her water at the question, surprised Ivanna would even ask, "No, no way. Just friends."

"Righttt." Ivanna mumbled as she eyed her curiously.

"Well how about you and Embry? You two seem to be pretty close." She fired back, trying to take the attention off of her which Ivanna didn't fail to notice.

"He's sweet, but it wouldn't ever happen." Ivanna just liked Embry as a friend, nothing more. She enjoyed having someone like him around to joke with and not having to worry about them getting offended.

"Why's that?" Bella asked, looking down at her glass before back up at her cousin, "Because of Jasper?" Bella knew it wasn't right to ask, but she wanted to know why Ivanna took it so easier than her when the Cullens left.