𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

➶

"Dad, I saw them!" Bella yells as she ran into the house, scaring Charlie and Harry at the table.

"What's the matter?" He stood up from the table quickly, looking over her to make sure Bella wasn't harmed before looking over at Ivanna to see a bruise on her face with a busted lip.

"In the woods! Those are not bears!"

Charlie walked over to Ivanna and asked if she was okay and once she nodded her head with a reassuring smile he went back to scolding his daughter, "Bella, what the hell were you doing out in the woods?"

"They're wolves. I mean, they're like huge wolves!" She exclaimed with her hands.

There was a rapid knock at the front door that only Ivanna heard, so she went and opened it to be met with Sam who immediately walked in, grasping her face in his hands lightly as he looked all over to check for marks, "Are you okay? Did anything else happen to you?" He asked frantically as his eyes searched hers with worry. He ran his thumb lightly over her bottom lip that had a cut which made her wince slightly.

She was confused as to why he was asking these questions because there was no way he could've heard what happened that quick, but she answered anyways, "I'm okay, just a little bruise, but I can take it." She smiled softly to help calm him down, she could tell he was antsy so she placed her hands over his that was holding her face.

"Sam, are you okay?"

"I don't know. I just had to come see you and make sure you were alright.

"Why wouldn't I be alright, Sam?" She asked him, wanting to know what his answer would be. The only thing she could think of is him following her, but it doesn't make sense as to why and how she wasn't able to see him in that field.

Harry walked towards Sam, glancing at the girl before whispering into the other man's ear, "They're putting together a hunting party, let the others know now."

Sam gave him a firm nod and left Ivanna on the doorstep, but she chased after him, "Sam! Where are you going?"

He stopped and fought against his mind to help and warn the others, "Meet me back at my place! I'll be there soon!" He called out before running off towards the tree lines and disappearing.

She went back over to Charlie, him loading his police cruiser with a shotgun, "Charlie, what are you doing?" She felt scared for the wolves, they did after all just save Bella's and her life and this is how they're being repaid?

"Going after them Ives, they've killed way too many people." He nodded his head for Harry to get into the car and she ran over to the older man, trying to stop him.